DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:53 pm

veneboy wrote:I feel like this year it's going to take longer because there are only 4 positions open. I still can't believe they interview 40 candidates! Just so you know, i felt like my interview went horribly. So that should leave only 39 people still in the running. Lol. Also, doesn't make much sense to interview candidates with so many different interviewers. Not very standardized.


They were pretty clear that they would have decisions around end of November. Last year there were some issues regarding appointments higher up that they wanted to make before they made offers, and some of the later offers were because people didn't accept. They were fairly adamant that they would make decisions by end of this month.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
veneboy wrote:I feel like this year it's going to take longer because there are only 4 positions open. I still can't believe they interview 40 candidates! Just so you know, i felt like my interview went horribly. So that should leave only 39 people still in the running. Lol. Also, doesn't make much sense to interview candidates with so many different interviewers. Not very standardized.


They were pretty clear that they would have decisions around end of November. Last year there were some issues regarding appointments higher up that they wanted to make before they made offers, and some of the later offers were because people didn't accept. They were fairly adamant that they would make decisions by end of this month.


Thank you so much! That is really helpful. So exciting that it will all be happening so soon!

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:16 pm

Anyone else receive an email request for an additional writing sample?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:49 pm

Yes.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:48 pm

Also yes. I wonder how many total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Also yes. I wonder how many total.


I wonder as well.. I didn't think there would be that many people left that they are trying to decide between, but who knows? I hope we hear soon. The waiting is killing me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Is it safe to assume that if we didn't get a request for additional writing sample or any communication by now, we didn't get it? I am guessing they were going to send offers before thanksgiving.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:34 am

I am getting more anxious each day. I hope they make offers this week because I am not sure I can stand waiting much longer..

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am getting more anxious each day. I hope they make offers this week because I am not sure I can stand waiting much longer..

You're not the only one. But all we can do is wait. We'll hear when we hear.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:33 pm

I have no reason to think this, but I have a good feeling that TODAY IS THE DAY!

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have no reason to think this, but I have a good feeling that TODAY IS THE DAY!

Well, I didn't hear a peep all day, so I hope you're wrong...

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have no reason to think this, but I have a good feeling that TODAY IS THE DAY!

Well, I didn't hear a peep all day, so I hope you're wrong...


Lol same. I was hoping I could will it to happen, but I guess not. Maybe tomorrow?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:40 pm

I'm going to lose my mind if I get another scam call today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm going to lose my mind if I get another scam call today.


I normally get 2-3 scams calls a day but have gotten ZERO today and it's freaking me out. I'm like one panic attack away from calling myself from a work phone to make sure my cell isn't broken.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:43 pm

:cry:

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:01 pm

What if the lucky four have already been called and just haven't posted about it on TLS? Has anybody recently inquired about a decision timeframe?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What if the lucky four have already been called and just haven't posted about it on TLS? Has anybody recently inquired about a decision timeframe?


Honestly, that’s what I assume the case to be.. I haven’t asked or heard about a timeframe since before getting the writing sample request

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:12 pm

So.. What are the chances that at least three of us were contacted for an additional writing sample and not one of us was selected? I feel like they probably didn't ask that many people for another writing sample. Maybe they just haven't made a decision yet? Is anyone considering calling/emailing for an update? I want to, but I'm too scared.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:30 pm

Just got an email asking for 2 references...

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got an email asking for 2 references...


+1

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just got an email asking for 2 references...


+1


Didn’t get the email for references. Definitely a bummer but I guess I can move on now. Good luck to you guys!

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:09 pm

My friend in the DOT applicant pool just picked up a spot in another honors program, so our chances are a tiny bit better...

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:14 pm

What was the other program?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My friend in the DOT applicant pool just picked up a spot in another honors program, so our chances are a tiny bit better...

Did s/he get a request for references?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327971
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOT Honors Hiring for 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:My friend in the DOT applicant pool just picked up a spot in another honors program, so our chances are a tiny bit better...

Did s/he get a request for references?


Yep



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.