GULC EIW 2018

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any movement from Steptoe DC or Pillsbury DC? CB or offer?


Steptoe DC offer yesterday, cb last Wed

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:20 pm

Any movement from Baker McKenzie DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:39 pm

Skadden DC offer, CB 8/9

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Any post-cb Jones Day NY dings? Did it come via snail mail or email?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement from Steptoe DC or Pillsbury DC? CB or offer?


Steptoe DC offer yesterday, cb last Wed


If you feel comfortable sharing the initials, who did your screener interview at eiw?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:21 pm

FF NY

Callback earlier this week.
Offer within 24 hours.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:53 pm

Skadden DC offer; CB 8/2

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:07 pm

There have been a few Willkie dings the past few days, as well as offers. I haven't heard anything, cb last Friday. Have they put me in waitlist limbo?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:FF NY

Callback earlier this week.
Offer within 24 hours.


is it possible to share your GPA? Just really wonder whether OCS' data of 3.21, 3.33, 3.49 is kidding or not....

Thank you~

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Any offers from Venable or Pillsbury?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:19 pm

Any offers from Venable or Pillsbury?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:27 am

K&S DC offer, CB 8/10

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:28 am

Saw this Willkie conversation going on and I’m just going to give my random input. This is also something that was posted in another thread, so FWIW:

Chambers:

Willkie New York

Antitrust (Band 4)
Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Band 3)
Corporate/M&A: The Elite (Band 4)
Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Band 4)
Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Policyholder (Band 2)
Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory (Band 1)
Litigation: General Commercial: Highly Regarded (Band 1)
Litigation: Securities (Band 3)
Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations (Band 4)
Real Estate: Mainly Corporate & Finance (Band 4)
Real Estate: Mainly Dirt (RP)
Tax (Band 3)

It’s ranked in the Elite band for corporate work.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:K&S DC offer, CB 8/10



is it possible to share your GPA? Just really wonder whether OCS' data of 3.43 as median is kidding or not....

Thank you~

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:FF NY

Callback earlier this week.
Offer within 24 hours.


fried frank or freshfields??

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:28 am

Norton Rose ding - CB 8/7

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Willkie today?

Nope. I'm still waiting, hoping that offers are coming in waves. When was your cb?


The place is a mess and I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’d really talk to some juniors that work there before taking that plunge. It’s a firm with very lumpy (and non-recurring) work that tries to pitch itself as a classic “white shoes” firm (which it used to be decades ago).


My cb was last Friday. Above, can you explain a little - who have you heard that from? All juniors I've talked to have really loved it, but your comment worries me a bit.



I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense. Everyone I have spoken with has nothing but great things to say about the firm. I have never heard of it having "lumpy" work (whatever that means) and it has highly ranked practice areas in the firm, nationally and by region. Not once have I felt that it was trying to pitch itself as "white shoe" throughout my extensive interaction with the firm (also, maybe they are mixing it up with Weil haha). I don't know what authority this person has, but I would just follow your gut and what information you can find online.


For what it's worth, I've also only heard good things about Willkie.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Willkie today?

Nope. I'm still waiting, hoping that offers are coming in waves. When was your cb?


The place is a mess and I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’d really talk to some juniors that work there before taking that plunge. It’s a firm with very lumpy (and non-recurring) work that tries to pitch itself as a classic “white shoes” firm (which it used to be decades ago).


My cb was last Friday. Above, can you explain a little - who have you heard that from? All juniors I've talked to have really loved it, but your comment worries me a bit.



I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense. Everyone I have spoken with has nothing but great things to say about the firm. I have never heard of it having "lumpy" work (whatever that means) and it has highly ranked practice areas in the firm, nationally and by region. Not once have I felt that it was trying to pitch itself as "white shoe" throughout my extensive interaction with the firm (also, maybe they are mixing it up with Weil haha). I don't know what authority this person has, but I would just follow your gut and what information you can find online.


For what it's worth, I've also only heard good things about Willkie.


"White Shoes" :mrgreen:

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Willkie today?

Nope. I'm still waiting, hoping that offers are coming in waves. When was your cb?


The place is a mess and I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’d really talk to some juniors that work there before taking that plunge. It’s a firm with very lumpy (and non-recurring) work that tries to pitch itself as a classic “white shoes” firm (which it used to be decades ago).


My cb was last Friday. Above, can you explain a little - who have you heard that from? All juniors I've talked to have really loved it, but your comment worries me a bit.



I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense. Everyone I have spoken with has nothing but great things to say about the firm. I have never heard of it having "lumpy" work (whatever that means) and it has highly ranked practice areas in the firm, nationally and by region. Not once have I felt that it was trying to pitch itself as "white shoe" throughout my extensive interaction with the firm (also, maybe they are mixing it up with Weil haha). I don't know what authority this person has, but I would just follow your gut and what information you can find online.


For what it's worth, I've also only heard good things about Willkie.


Speaking of, Willkie offer 8PM, cb 8/10

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Reed Smith New York ding without callback

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Off-topic, but can someone please confirm that symplicity is down and it's not just me?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Off-topic, but can someone please confirm that symplicity is down and it's not just me?


Mine's working, but I'm not on campus.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Off-topic, but can someone please confirm that symplicity is down and it's not just me?


Mine's working, but I'm not on campus.


Thanks, for some reason mine says incorrect login, even though I have the correct login. Also not on campus.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Off-topic, but can someone please confirm that symplicity is down and it's not just me?


Mine's working, but I'm not on campus.


Thanks, for some reason mine says incorrect login, even though I have the correct login. Also not on campus.


Are you sure you haven't changed it? I forgot I did once and (obviously) had the same problem

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:00 pm

LOL just got a ding email from Freshfields screener from EIW..



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.