GULC EIW 2018 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Sidley (NYC)?
Ding last week (no CB)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:00 pm

Willkie Farr offers coming out today from the last two weeks of cb's.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:56 pm

Anyone heard anything from QE?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:33 pm

Cleary DC offer

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:49 pm

Anyone hear from Willkie today?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Willkie today?
Nope. I'm still waiting, hoping that offers are coming in waves. When was your cb?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Nope. I'm still waiting, hoping that offers are coming in waves. When was your cb?
The place is a mess and I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’d really talk to some juniors that work there before taking that plunge. It’s a firm with very lumpy (and non-recurring) work that tries to pitch itself as a classic “white shoes” firm (which it used to be decades ago).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
The place is a mess and I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’d really talk to some juniors that work there before taking that plunge. It’s a firm with very lumpy (and non-recurring) work that tries to pitch itself as a classic “white shoes” firm (which it used to be decades ago).
Thanks for the insight, unfortunately I don't have the luxury to be picky. But what should i not hold my breath for? offers coming in waves?

Lawstudent3692

New

Post by Lawstudent3692 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
My cb was last Friday. Above, can you explain a little - who have you heard that from? All juniors I've talked to have really loved it, but your comment worries me a bit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:56 am

Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
My cb was last Friday. Above, can you explain a little - who have you heard that from? All juniors I've talked to have really loved it, but your comment worries me a bit.
Were you the same anon asking if anyone heard from Willkie? Regardless, have you heard back from them yet? Wondering if anyone from GULC has gotten offers yet

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Willkie ding via email. CB on 8/14.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Were you the same anon asking if anyone heard from Willkie? Regardless, have you heard back from them yet? Wondering if anyone from GULC has gotten offers yet
Yep same person - cb last Friday and haven't heard. I *think* they do offers by school?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Sidley ding via email. CB 8/8

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Yep same person - cb last Friday and haven't heard. I *think* they do offers by school?
ahh i was guna say that gives me so much hope. But, I just got an email ding from willkie literally 30 seconds ago. it's all over for me- good luck to you though!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
ahh i was guna say that gives me so much hope. But, I just got an email ding from willkie literally 30 seconds ago. it's all over for me- good luck to you though!
Wow, all these dings are not promising though - feeling like offers went out yesterday and dings today. So sorry. I hope you have/will find something else!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Wow, all these dings are not promising though - feeling like offers went out yesterday and dings today. So sorry. I hope you have/will find something else!
Thanks! Yeah it seems rough this year for sure. I already know a few people that have struck out. Was hoping i'd at least get on the "hold" list for Willkie- but oh well, off to mass mailing I guess.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sidley ding via email. CB 8/8
did you do the 10:30 interview?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:30 pm

This is so odd. As a person who hasn't even gotten a CB, I am still not dinged via email. Is Sidley playing with me....?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
This is so odd. As a person who hasn't even gotten a CB, I am still not dinged via email. Is Sidley playing with me....?
I think some firms just ghost you. I'm still waiting on 3. I also reached out to recruitment at these firms asking what my status is (and that I'm still interested, etc) and they just ignored me. Seems odd that they do this though, how long does it take to send a generic "thanks but no thanks" email?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I think some firms just ghost you. I'm still waiting on 3. I also reached out to recruitment at these firms asking what my status is (and that I'm still interested, etc) and they just ignored me. Seems odd that they do this though, how long does it take to send a generic "thanks but no thanks" email?
yeah, totally weird. If they have the time to ding CB candidates, what is the trouble of adding us (who I think for sure are included in a mail list where people don't have CBs) to the mail list and sending the ding.....

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Would also like to know what you mean by all that. Everyone I’ve spoken with, from top down, love it and multiple practice areas are ranked.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:51 pm

From everyone I've spoken to, Willkie is not a great gig. Might look elsewhere...(but to each their own)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Every junior I know at Wilkie thinks the firm is fine.

I'd be weary of "stay away from X firm" comments in OCI threads FWIW.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense. Everyone I have spoken with has nothing but great things to say about the firm. I have never heard of it having "lumpy" work (whatever that means) and it has highly ranked practice areas in the firm, nationally and by region. Not once have I felt that it was trying to pitch itself as "white shoe" throughout my extensive interaction with the firm (also, maybe they are mixing it up with Weil haha). I don't know what authority this person has, but I would just follow your gut and what information you can find online.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:11 pm

Any movement from Steptoe DC or Pillsbury DC? CB or offer?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”