Quick way to find a unpaid summer internship? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Quick way to find a unpaid summer internship?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:43 am

I need a summer job quick as a resume filler for the summer. The job I lined up fell through, because the firm is gone. T30, top 25%.

It can be unpaid / part-time / remote work. Prefer litigation. Would prefer substantive work like motion writing.

What's the quickest way to find such an internship besides school job site?

albanach

Gold

Re: Quick way to find a unpaid summer internship?

Post by albanach » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:I need a summer job quick as a resume filler for the summer. The job I lined up fell through, because the firm is gone. T30, top 25%.

It can be unpaid / part-time / remote work. Prefer litigation. Would prefer substantive work like motion writing.

What's the quickest way to find such an internship besides school job site?
Go chase up all the legal aid/indigent representation places you can find. Are you rising 2L or 3L? If you're a rising 3L, do you have whatever your state requires for court appearances?

JHP

Bronze

Post by JHP » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:50 am

You can try to do a volunteer or unpaid intern position at your local legal services organization--they always need people to help and it is a good way to get some substantive experience, even if it isn't necessarily the area you want to work in. You could also reach out to professors to be a research assistant for the summer--usually can be paid. At worst, it's a way to keep busy and have something on your resume--at best, it's a good way to build a connection with a professor and have something interesting to talk about (or at least pretend the topic was interesting) in interviews. Honestly, Indeed.com isn't a bad choice either. Also look at LinkedIn job postings. Reach out to mentors and see if they can put any feelers out.

gregfootball2001

Silver

Post by gregfootball2001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:16 pm

Call chambers of your local judges and see if they want a summer intern. Call one of the lower tier courts (for example, state court rather than superior court). You'll get to draft orders, and see some lawyering (bad and good).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”