2018 Pre-OCI Interviews Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 2018 Pre-OCI Interviews

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:1. CCN
2. Top 3-5%
3. Paul, Weiss. Applied like Thurs/Fri last week, just contacted for "callback." But never did screener, looks like it's just one round at their NY offices.
What email did you use to apply to PW?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:18 pm

the one for NY under "legal recruitment contacts" - dunno if we can post links and email addresses on TLS boards but if you google it, should pop up as the first hit

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:the one for NY under "legal recruitment contacts" - dunno if we can post links and email addresses on TLS boards but if you google it, should pop up as the first hit
Have you applied anywhere else and been contacted?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
BrainsyK wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have two interviews lined up with V15 firms that I reached out to. One of the responses came the same day that I emailed them
Mind giving school/grade range?
Lower T14, not too sure about grade range but if I had to guess I'd say around Top 20-25%
What city?
NY

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
BrainsyK wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have two interviews lined up with V15 firms that I reached out to. One of the responses came the same day that I emailed them
Lower T14, not too sure about grade range but if I had to guess I'd say around Top 20-25%
What city?
NY
I had heard from a lot of people that New York hadn't done much pre-OCI. Guess that's wrong.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:the one for NY under "legal recruitment contacts" - dunno if we can post links and email addresses on TLS boards but if you google it, should pop up as the first hit
Applied to SullCrom, Simpson, Cleary, Skadden, Cravath, all mid/late last week. Nothing yet, but know people who do have interviews scheduled at those firms via personal contacts (paralegal-ing) or interviewing unsuccessfully for 1L SA (if they like you they'll ask you to interview pre-EIP for 2L SA). And FWIW Cravath blasted people who went to this infosession like a week or two ago to send in applications.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
BrainsyK wrote:
What city?
NY
I had heard from a lot of people that New York hadn't done much pre-OCI. Guess that's wrong.
I've reached out to a fair amount of other firms and haven't gotten much. They usually just say to let them know if I don't happen to get an interview through the lottery process

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
BrainsyK wrote:
What city?
NY
I've reached out to a fair amount of other firms and haven't gotten much. They usually just say to let them know if I don't happen to get an interview through the lottery process
yeah I think pre-OCI is way overblown on TLS. sure, there are no downsides to trying, but I think the majority of it is with top Vault firms and with people with top grades.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Applied to SullCrom, Simpson, Cleary, Skadden, Cravath, all mid/late last week. Nothing yet, but know people who do have interviews scheduled at those firms via personal contacts (paralegal-ing) or interviewing unsuccessfully for 1L SA (if they like you they'll ask you to interview pre-EIP for 2L SA). And FWIW Cravath blasted people who went to this infosession like a week or two ago to send in applications.
Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:10 am

Does anyone know if it’s worth bidding a firm that’s invited you for an early interview? If you don’t get an early offer would OCI be a legitimate second chance or will they just ding you?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if it’s worth bidding a firm that’s invited you for an early interview? If you don’t get an early offer would OCI be a legitimate second chance or will they just ding you?
I am also going through this process, so by no means an expert, but I have a hard time imaging a firm hiring you after they decided not to hire you after you already did a callback.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if it’s worth bidding a firm that’s invited you for an early interview? If you don’t get an early offer would OCI be a legitimate second chance or will they just ding you?
This would be a complete waste of a bid

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
I am also going through this process, so by no means an expert, but I have a hard time imaging a firm hiring you after they decided not to hire you after you already did a callback.
That's what I was thinking but I figured I would ask

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:33 am

Lower T14, top 15-20%, secured early interviews so far with two V10 firms and one V15 firm, all in NY

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
If you interview and don't get an offer, waste of time to try to re-interview. But if they just never respond to your pre-OCI application, I'd 100% still bid em. Also can take a shot at a different office; like say you interview pre-OCI for Gibson DC and flame out, no reason not to bid Gibson NY.

Also -- heard back from Simpson. Like Paul, Weiss, no screener, just the multi-interview thing at their offices.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
If you interview and don't get an offer, waste of time to try to re-interview. But if they just never respond to your pre-OCI application, I'd 100% still bid em. Also can take a shot at a different office; like say you interview pre-OCI for Gibson DC and flame out, no reason not to bid Gibson NY.

Also -- heard back from Simpson. Like Paul, Weiss, no screener, just the multi-interview thing at their offices.
Heard back from Simpson too for the same multi-interview format. I only got a generic response from Paul Weiss sadly saying that they'll be at my school's OCI

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:07 am

Any DC firm movement?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Heard back from Simpson too for the same multi-interview format. I only got a generic response from Paul Weiss sadly saying that they'll be at my school's OCI
Nice, good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:25 am

also a lot of firms have a “one interview policy” so definitely check on that

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:Lower T14, top 15-20%, secured early interviews so far with two V10 firms and one V15 firm, all in NY
Same stats, similar results so far.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any DC firm movement?
Skadden has started doing screeners but I'm not sure about any other firms.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

when did you submit the application for Simpson and Paul Weiss?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:22 pm

I'm top 1/3 at a T50 school. I got callbacks from two V100 firms. This might be too TTT for some of you, but I thought it was pertinent to the topic. As a disclaimer, I have a good contact at one of the firms. Also, my resume is the exclusive talking point of all interviews I have been part of (to the point that I have never been asked nor answered a law school related questions when interviewing for internships/SA). So that helps offset my underwhelming "legal pedigree."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm top 1/3 at a T50 school. I got callbacks from two V100 firms. This might be too TTT for some of you, but I thought it was pertinent to the topic. As a disclaimer, I have a good contact at one of the firms. Also, my resume is the exclusive talking point of all interviews I have been part of (to the point that I have never been asked nor answered a law school related questions when interviewing for internships/SA). So that helps offset my underwhelming "legal pedigree."
Your input is definitely still great here. Also, most interviews are like that aside from asking how you like law school and what your favorite class is

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This might be too TTT for some of you, but I thought it was pertinent to the topic.
you're getting the same interviews and same paycheck as everyone else. This just comes off weird. Congrats on the interviews! and you're providing some helpful info here: know your resume backwards and forwards.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”