DOJ Honors Program 2018-2019 Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2018-2019

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:51 pm

Any hear anything from any of the California EOIR's?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:38 am

Has non-EOIR received a written offer or anything in writing? Still going off of a verbal offer...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has non-EOIR received a written offer or anything in writing? Still going off of a verbal offer...
Same. My section told me the written offer would come after a background check, but I’m not sure how if that means the whole process or something preliminary.

Rulaw123

New

Post by Rulaw123 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has non-EOIR received a written offer or anything in writing? Still going off of a verbal offer...
Same. My section told me the written offer would come after a background check, but I’m not sure how if that means the whole process or something preliminary.
Same boat. My section told me that they are still waiting for HR because it was closed during the shutdown.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
AFTER a background check? We're not getting written offers until June!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:40 pm

From Deana:
Formal Offer Letters
Greetings, all:

This message is for those who have accepted an oral or email offer and are wondering about the timing of the formal offer letter. Here's how it works:

1. You accept a tentative offer. These are generally issued telephonically or via email.

2. Your hiring office sends you an email message requesting specific information it needs to initiate the e-QIP (Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing) system and for my office (Office of Attorney Recruitment and Management / OARM) to issue the formal offer letter. Once your respond, your component sends the required information to OARM (to a dedicated email box) and our folks prepare the formal offer letter.

a. Some components wait until they have all their acceptances in hand before doing this; others send the info to OARM as they get it.

b. The formal offer letter should go out well in advance of your onboarding. In fact, we've issued quite a few already.

OARM follows up with components periodically. Once all hiring is complete, we start tracking to ensure we have received component input and have issued the formal offer letters.

If you have completed your e-QIP submissions and have NOT received a formal offer letter, please touch base with your component and, as needed, OARM so we can close the loop.

Please be patient as we dig ourselves out of the backlog that accrued during the recent partial government shutdown.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any hear anything from any of the California EOIR's?
I just got an offer today from LA Immigration Court

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:From Deana:
Formal Offer Letters
Greetings, all:

This message is for those who have accepted an oral or email offer and are wondering about the timing of the formal offer letter. Here's how it works:

1. You accept a tentative offer. These are generally issued telephonically or via email.

2. Your hiring office sends you an email message requesting specific information it needs to initiate the e-QIP (Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing) system and for my office (Office of Attorney Recruitment and Management / OARM) to issue the formal offer letter. Once your respond, your component sends the required information to OARM (to a dedicated email box) and our folks prepare the formal offer letter.

a. Some components wait until they have all their acceptances in hand before doing this; others send the info to OARM as they get it.

b. The formal offer letter should go out well in advance of your onboarding. In fact, we've issued quite a few already.

OARM follows up with components periodically. Once all hiring is complete, we start tracking to ensure we have received component input and have issued the formal offer letters.

If you have completed your e-QIP submissions and have NOT received a formal offer letter, please touch base with your component and, as needed, OARM so we can close the loop.

Please be patient as we dig ourselves out of the backlog that accrued during the recent partial government shutdown.
Anyone know what this "specific information it needs to initiate the e-QIP" part means? I definitely sent in some basic information to my hiring office, but it wasn't a real form or anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Formal Offer Letters
Greetings, all:

Anyone know what this "specific information it needs to initiate the e-QIP" part means? I definitely sent in some basic information to my hiring office, but it wasn't a real form or anything.
There’s not a form, but e-QIP requires some basic biographical info to create your application — I believe it’s name, DOB, and SSN. If you submitted that info to an HR person at your hiring office, you should receive an email about your e-QIP application soon.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Formal Offer Letters
Greetings, all:

There’s not a form, but e-QIP requires some basic biographical info to create your application — I believe it’s name, DOB, and SSN. If you submitted that info to an HR person at your hiring office, you should receive an email about your e-QIP application soon.
Thanks! So about how long after submitting the basic info do we receive the request to fill out e-QIP? I leave for a two week vacation tomorrow...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:18 pm

Would it be safe to assume that all first round offers have likely gone out by this point? :(

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Would it be safe to assume that all first round offers have likely gone out by this point? :(
That's likely, but I do think Deana hasn't mentioned every division. Which one are you interested in?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:38 pm

EOIR OCIJ

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:EOIR OCIJ
I'm somewhat doubtful about EOIR's hiring progress re first round offers just because they have so many offers going out and the stupid ranking system.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:32 pm

Especially given the shutdown.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:13 pm

Has anyone actually started filling out their background forms?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone actually started filling out their background forms?
Yeah, I got mine pre-shutdown and submitted them back in December. Did drug test and fingerprints last month.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone actually started filling out their background forms?
Yeah, I got mine pre-shutdown and submitted them back in December. Did drug test and fingerprints last month.
Lol, they drug tested you in January for a job that starts in like October?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lol, they drug tested you in January for a job that starts in like October?
This is standard. It’s not about proximity to when you start working, it’s a test you don’t get notice of and you get 48 hours to complete it. Doesn’t really need to be done right before you start.

lawliker2

New

Post by lawliker2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:29 am

Anybody else receive and accept an offer from the Miami EOIR court?

So far I know myself and another have accepted offers, I was wondering if anyone else has as well?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:50 pm

For what it is worth, my reference check email for EOIR just went out on Friday. The deadline to reply is this Wednesday, so hopefully some clarity soon. Progress! But still super frustrating.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For what it is worth, my reference check email for EOIR just went out on Friday. The deadline to reply is this Wednesday, so hopefully some clarity soon. Progress! But still super frustrating.
I have a friend who also just now had his references checked for EOIR OCIJ. :roll:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:50 pm

Got an offer from EOIR from my first choice NYC!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:34 pm

Congrats!!! :) Thats encouraging for those of us still waiting to hear back.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:50 pm

Anyone else see that article that current administration is pausing the hiring process for Immigration judges and 250 new attorneys?

Accepted an offer with EOIR and completed e-Qip but obviously still worried our offers may be rescinded if budget is pulled.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”