Pre-OCI 2018

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:10, 2, and 5:30. I was almost 10 min late to the second one, but the recruiter didn’t seem to even think I was late. She said I was right on time. Third interview I was max 2 min late but they called right at 5:30 to check on me. Once I was there though the recruiter seemed super understanding, maybe because they know how time crunched and crazy this process is. My impression was that being late isn’t what will hurt me, instead it just kept me from giving my best interviews, particularly for the second one


Did the second and third interviews know you had ones immediately before? That seems like a crazy schedule, I don't know if I could do it. I like interviewing too, but after a single callback I am generally fairly drained because of being so "on" for a few hours straight.


Anyone heard any movement from Akin Gump NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:10, 2, and 5:30. I was almost 10 min late to the second one, but the recruiter didn’t seem to even think I was late. She said I was right on time. Third interview I was max 2 min late but they called right at 5:30 to check on me. Once I was there though the recruiter seemed super understanding, maybe because they know how time crunched and crazy this process is. My impression was that being late isn’t what will hurt me, instead it just kept me from giving my best interviews, particularly for the second one


Did the second and third interviews know you had ones immediately before? That seems like a crazy schedule, I don't know if I could do it. I like interviewing too, but after a single callback I am generally fairly drained because of being so "on" for a few hours straight.


Anyone heard any movement from Akin Gump NY?


I’m like 90% sure they were aware based my emails from before trying to schedule but I didn’t address it directly with the third recruiter. And you hit it exactly. Those interviews are really draining

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:58 am

Any movement from NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any movement from NY?

yes?

carsondalywashere

Silver
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby carsondalywashere » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement from NY?

yes?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wubbles

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Wubbles » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:17 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement from NY?

yes?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

if that was you with the stupid question, I swear... :mrgreen:

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Weil NY CB invite this morning...applied in June


when did you get a response

carsondalywashere

Silver
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby carsondalywashere » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:56 pm

Wubbles wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement from NY?

yes?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

if that was you with the stupid question, I swear... :mrgreen:

Nope, just laughing my ass off

BOSStongrl

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:18 pm

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby BOSStongrl » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:59 am

Can anyone offer some insight to what a pre-oci cb is like? is it similar to a regular cb, should i expect questions like "what's your greatest weakness" "why this firm" etc? Or is it more just seeing if you're a normal human being who can carry on a conversation? getting nervous for my cb so any insight would be great

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:03 am

BOSStongrl wrote:Can anyone offer some insight to what a pre-oci cb is like? is it similar to a regular cb, should i expect questions like "what's your greatest weakness" "why this firm" etc? Or is it more just seeing if you're a normal human being who can carry on a conversation? getting nervous for my cb so any insight would be great


It’s the same questions.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:14 am

BOSStongrl wrote:Can anyone offer some insight to what a pre-oci cb is like? is it similar to a regular cb, should i expect questions like "what's your greatest weakness" "why this firm" etc? Or is it more just seeing if you're a normal human being who can carry on a conversation? getting nervous for my cb so any insight would be great

Yea I’d say it’s like a regular callback. It’s a mix of asking you questions like what’s your greatest weakness and why this firm, while also seeing if you’re a normal person. Some firms are starting to do more structured interviewing though where each interviewer will have a focus on what types of questions they’ll ask you. Like one is focused on your interpersonal skills, another on time management, another on leadership/work ethic, etc

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:44 pm

Any offers from Akin DC yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:10 pm

What’s the callback to offer timeframe for Latham NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What’s the callback to offer timeframe for Latham NY?


Did you have a screener before your callback ? When was your callback?

I think from last years thread, some people who had callbacks the end of July didn’t hear until after OCI in August.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What’s the callback to offer timeframe for Latham NY?


Did you have a screener before your callback ? When was your callback?

I think from last years thread, some people who had callbacks the end of July didn’t hear until after OCI in August.


I got a very wishy washy answer from them when I asked. Said it could be near-immediate, could be after they go to your schools OCI and start doing CBs from it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What’s the callback to offer timeframe for Latham NY?


Did you have a screener before your callback ? When was your callback?

I think from last years thread, some people who had callbacks the end of July didn’t hear until after OCI in August.

No screener, regular 4 interview callback but they didn’t cover travel costs

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:33 pm

Debevoise NY offers anyone? Anyone have idea of what the timeline from callback to offer is?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Debevoise NY offers anyone? Anyone have idea of what the timeline from callback to offer is?


Debevoise has been giving offers for a few weeks and it's a couple days between the callback to offer

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Debevoise NY offers anyone? Anyone have idea of what the timeline from callback to offer is?


Debevoise has been giving offers for a few weeks and it's a couple days between the callback to offer


Thank you!

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:15 pm

To those who have received offers quickly after CBs: were you told you would hear back within a certain period? I received a vague statement post CB that the firm isn’t sure when they will be able to let me know, to keep them posted about any of my deadlines, how they haven’t started interviewing from OCI yet, etc etc. Just want to adjust my expectations of when I might possibly hear back. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:To those who have received offers quickly after CBs: were you told you would hear back within a certain period? I received a vague statement post CB that the firm isn’t sure when they will be able to let me know, to keep them posted about any of my deadlines, how they haven’t started interviewing from OCI yet, etc etc. Just want to adjust my expectations of when I might possibly hear back. Thanks!


It's very firm dependent. Some firms give offers same day; some firms wait until after OCI. I think it's fair to email recruiting and ask what the general timeline is

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:56 am

Any offers from Kirkland NY this week?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:31 am

Davis Polk NY offered some people this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:33 am

sounds like Simpson PA is doing a round of cbs

Anonymous User
Posts: 327278
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 am

Paul Hastings DC extended offers last week.



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.