Substantive antitrust experience as a junior Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Substantive antitrust experience as a junior

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 24, 2018 9:25 pm

Aspects of this have been discussed on this board, but I wanted to frame the question slightly differently:

How does one maximize one's substantive, trial-oriented antitrust experience as a junior? Not interested in counseling/transactional work. I know that antitrust litigation tends to land at large firms able to staff large teams, which reduces associate opportunities. I also know that government opportunities have warts: state DOJs don't really play, the federal DOJ basically requires that you live in DC (and join large teams when stuff actually goes to litigation), and neither the states nor the feds try cases with any sort of frequency.

Maybe the answer is, "a handful of super-sophisticated plaintiffs' shops" (e.g., Susman, Hausfeld, Constantine Cannon)?

I recognize that civil trials are rare, and class action trials are rarer still. But I feel like other practice areas have chutes/ladders to early experience (IP has boutiques, white collar/criminal has AUSA/ADA). Can't figure out what the analog is for antitrust. Thoughts?

Return to “Legal Employment”