When should rising 2Ls start mass mailing target markets? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: When should rising 2Ls start mass mailing target markets?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:stupid question but what should we make the subject line when massmailing partners? i'm targeting a few people specifically because i have ties to their practice group. TIA.
I would just say "[Cornell/Duke/Virginia/whatever] Rising 2L". I dont think its a huge deal what the subject says, so long as it makes sense.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:55 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:Where can I find more NYC firms who pre-cruit? I've blasted through the Vault 100. I'm planning on working through the AmLaw 200 this weekend. Not sure where else to turn other than to inefficiently google for law firms by city.
Bump so I'm not forgotten

Npret

Gold

Post by Npret » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:00 am

carsondalywashere wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:Where can I find more NYC firms who pre-cruit? I've blasted through the Vault 100. I'm planning on working through the AmLaw 200 this weekend. Not sure where else to turn other than to inefficiently google for law firms by city.
Doesn’t NALP listings still exist?

Npret

Gold

Post by Npret » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:00 am

carsondalywashere wrote:

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:17 pm

Npret wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:
They do, but I know there are big firms in a lot of markets who aren't listed on NALP. But that may not be the case with NYC.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Google and the attorney directory may be your friend, if you have a particular practice area that you want to apply to.

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:07 pm

I'm pretty much ready to go with app materials but I won't hear back about journal results until the end of this month. Should I wait until then to start mass mailing, or send my stuff now? This is for DC (and I'm in DC for the summer). I'm top 25% at a T25 (which I know is a shitty position to be in but that's what I've got to work with right now). I've gone to pretty much every single networking reception in DC and connected with partners and/or associates who have offered to send my application on to the hiring committee on my behalf (since a lot of the firms aren't recruiting at my school).

I have a decent shot of making journal based on the criteria my school uses.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:16 pm

floatie wrote:I'm pretty much ready to go with app materials but I won't hear back about journal results until the end of this month. Should I wait until then to start mass mailing, or send my stuff now? This is for DC (and I'm in DC for the summer). I'm top 25% at a T25 (which I know is a shitty position to be in but that's what I've got to work with right now). I've gone to pretty much every single networking reception in DC and connected with partners and/or associates who have offered to send my application on to the hiring committee on my behalf (since a lot of the firms aren't recruiting at my school).

Don’t wait. Basically no one has heard about journals yet, firms know that. When you get on one, just send an updated resume if you hadn’t heard back from a firm yet

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
floatie wrote:I'm pretty much ready to go with app materials but I won't hear back about journal results until the end of this month. Should I wait until then to start mass mailing, or send my stuff now? This is for DC (and I'm in DC for the summer). I'm top 25% at a T25 (which I know is a shitty position to be in but that's what I've got to work with right now). I've gone to pretty much every single networking reception in DC and connected with partners and/or associates who have offered to send my application on to the hiring committee on my behalf (since a lot of the firms aren't recruiting at my school).

Don’t wait. Basically no one has heard about journals yet, firms know that. When you get on one, just send an updated resume if you hadn’t heard back from a firm yet
This... send now and update later

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:57 pm

You're better off not waiting because journal results are a free excuse to update.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”