How to find part-time, interesting legal work Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mickey0004

New

How to find part-time, interesting legal work

Post by mickey0004 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:20 pm

Been working in biglaw lit for ~5 years and satisfied with the money I've saved that I feel like I can move on from biglaw. While I enjoy the work, like most people, I could use a job with less stress and less hours. If I want to search for part time work, with interesting work (salary is not an issue), how would I go about looking for this type of job?

SFSpartan

Silver

Re: How to find part-time, interesting legal work

Post by SFSpartan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:37 pm

You might look into something like Flex by Fenwick, which will basically place you in a series of short term in-house gigs. I think the idea there is that you'll work less and also get paid less. I'd imagine that a good midlaw firm would also offer reduced hours in exchange for a reduced salary.

Anonymous User

Re: How to find part-time, interesting legal work

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:30 pm

mickey0004 wrote:Been working in biglaw lit for ~5 years and satisfied with the money I've saved that I feel like I can move on from biglaw. While I enjoy the work, like most people, I could use a job with less stress and less hours. If I want to search for part time work, with interesting work (salary is not an issue), how would I go about looking for this type of job?
Don't have advice, but curious how much you saved. Is the plan to just ride out the next 20 years on part time legal work, and let compounding on the savings to date take you into the glory years? Or is this just a temporary transition period?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”