Kline & Specter Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Kline & Specter

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:41 pm

I was just wondering if anyone has any insight on the firm? How is the pay, what are the hours like, what is the culture, etc? I'm interested in the firm, but do not really know that much about it except for what is on the website. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous User

Re: Kline & Specter

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 pm

Bumping. I know that’s it’s u likely anyone has worked there, but if anyone is in Philly and has any info I’d really appreciate it!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Going to keep trying here. If anyone on TLS has any insight, please let me know.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:17 pm

I can’t really speak to the firm culture, but I took a few classes with Shanin Specter when he taught as a visiting lecturer at Stanford, and he is absolutely phenomenal. He was laid back as an instructor and is brilliant. If he runs the firm like a classroom, the firm would be an awesome place to work.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I can’t really speak to the firm culture, but I took a few classes with Shanin Specter when he taught as a visiting lecturer at Stanford, and he is absolutely phenomenal. He was laid back as an instructor and is brilliant. If he runs the firm like a classroom, the firm would be an awesome place to work.
Thank you so much. That really helps. Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nick417

Bronze

Post by nick417 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bumping. I know that’s it’s u likely anyone has worked there, but if anyone is in Philly and has any info I’d really appreciate it!
Your initial reaction is probably correct--this is mainly a personal injury plaintiff's firm in Philadelphia. Most people on here are law students or big law associates. I have zero insight into the work culture there but I have heard that the firm has a reputation for being obnoxious. But I think that is just life as a plaintiff's firm. I am sorry I cannot offer any additional insight.

Lacepiece23

Silver

Post by Lacepiece23 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:19 am

nick417 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bumping. I know that’s it’s u likely anyone has worked there, but if anyone is in Philly and has any info I’d really appreciate it!
Your initial reaction is probably correct--this is mainly a personal injury plaintiff's firm in Philadelphia. Most people on here are law students or big law associates. I have zero insight into the work culture there but I have heard that the firm has a reputation for being obnoxious. But I think that is just life as a plaintiff's firm. I am sorry I cannot offer any additional insight.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:41 am

nick417 wrote:
No worries. Just figured that since they take Biglaw caliber people (Penn/top students at Philly schools) that someone on here might have a friend, acquaintance, family member, whoever, who decided to work there instead of Biglaw.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”