Got calla for biglaw interviews. When to follow up for schefule? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Got calla for biglaw interviews. When to follow up for schefule?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:05 am

I recently got calls/emails for interview from one midsize and one large firm late last week. Getting close to a one week mark since those calla. No word on interview time and instruction yet. Is it ever okay to reach out to the firm recruiter when I can expect to get the schedule? If so how long should I wait? I applied directly without an outside recruiter.

Anonymous User

Re: Got calla for biglaw interviews. When to follow up for schefule?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:47 pm

I would avoid reaching out unless there is a reason. But if you gave them your availability and that has now changed (or you didn't give them this far out), I'd say it's ok to respond with updated availability just to keep the ball moving.

mrlawguy

New

Re: Got calla for biglaw interviews. When to follow up for schefule?

Post by mrlawguy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I recently got calls/emails for interview from one midsize and one large firm late last week. Getting close to a one week mark since those calla. No word on interview time and instruction yet. Is it ever okay to reach out to the firm recruiter when I can expect to get the schedule? If so how long should I wait? I applied directly without an outside recruiter.
First of all, congrats on getting the interviews.

Second, I would also hold off on the calls for now. It's only been a week, and firms tend to move at their own pace. Personally I'd probably wait until around 2-2.5 weeks before touching base.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”