Is your Firm a Mac Office?! A question about attorney management systems. Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Raiden

Bronze

Is your Firm a Mac Office?! A question about attorney management systems.

Post by Raiden » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:48 am

My firm uses AIM (from PerfectLaw) for our attorney management system. Not horrible, but whatever. As I work from home right now on my macbook, I just wish I could just have a Mac at my office instead of my abysmal Windows 7 inefficient system. So, it makes me curious, how are the attorney management systems everyone else uses? I am only familiar with AIM and Damion (for when I was in criminal law (which was straight up a system from the 90's)). And if there is such a thing as a Mac only law firm - please give me the contact details of your hiring partner.

Mobster1983

New

Re: Is your Firm a Mac Office?! A question about attorney management systems.

Post by Mobster1983 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:55 am

Love this post. Right there with you. Government worker so have to use Windows. The only good thing is we are so far behind in tech we still use Vista. I abhor Windows 10.

One new Judge down the hall from mine brought in 2 iMacs. Apparently he only uses the windows government computer for one internal system that won't work on Mac. He is my hero and give me something to strive for. Become a judge so I can use a Mac at work. ;-)

1styearlateral

Silver

Post by 1styearlateral » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:55 pm

Unfortunately, the majority of the business world uses Windows, which is why most, if not all, law firms run on Windows.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:20 am

We have iMacs at my office. It's a 3-person office, though, and I'm not sure what you guys even mean by attorney management system. Is that a litigation thing? I'm a first year and kind of dumb, but now curious.

Raiden

Bronze

Post by Raiden » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:We have iMacs at my office. It's a 3-person office, though, and I'm not sure what you guys even mean by attorney management system. Is that a litigation thing? I'm a first year and kind of dumb, but now curious.
Yeah it's more heavily used by the litigation dept than the transactional debt at my firm.

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:13 pm

Large organizations don't like using Macs because Excel for Macs is a flaming dumpster fire.

Large organizations need to use Excel.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”