Post interview hindsight... advice? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Post interview hindsight... advice?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Just got out of my 4th biglawl interview since last month. This morning's interview was at a mega biglaw firm that I really wanted. Came super prepared, came 10 mins early, with updated resume laid on each end of the table. Partner comes in at the interview time. He seemed unprepared and came with nothing. He scanned through my resume and checked where I went to UG and Law school. Then asked me very brief and basic questions with 1 hypo. Interview would have ended in 20 minutes but I asked a few questions and that stretched it out for another 10 mins or so. We also chitchatted a bit about personal lives (both newly weds). At the end, the partner left my resume as he found it on the table and we walked out. I felt like I didnt have the opportunity to really discuss my abilities. Is this sort of an auto ding situation? I think the partner must have called me in for an interview because he saw something in my resume but i dont think we spent enough time to show my personality. My other interviews have been 1hr on average. I kinda feel bummed. Any insight would be appreciated.

misterjames

Bronze

Re: Post interview hindsight... advice?

Post by misterjames » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:47 pm

In all likelihood he had a thousand other, far more pressing matters to deal with today. After your interview he probably went back to his office and quickly fired off an email to the firm's recruiter, something to the effect of "good candidate" and then forgot about you. You're fine, don't sweat it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Was this MWE? I feel like they interview anyone who has remotely decent grades. Same situation happened to me there. Partner walked in, told me he had a meeting in 30 min. Chatted. Never heard back, not even a ding.

proleteriate

New

Post by proleteriate » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:Was this MWE? I feel like they interview anyone who has remotely decent grades. Same situation happened to me there. Partner walked in, told me he had a meeting in 30 min. Chatted. Never heard back, not even a ding.
pretty sure McDermott just interviews to see whether you're good looking enough. They really should start asking for headshots.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”