follow up etiquette after boutique interview

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

follow up etiquette after boutique interview

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:15 am

Kind of off the cusp question here so my apologies. Recently interviewed for small lit boutique I am very interested in joining. I am very junior in law but have significant prior experience in business & web marketing and the partner mentioned that is what landed me the interview... partner spoke about dissatisfaction with firm's web presence (came up in going over my prior experience). It would take me about an hour to put together a very helpful outline of points of improvement... Tempted to email and say thanks for interview and took a look and here are some suggestions.. I know the job is not THIS.. BUT being a small litigation firm they specifically stated they are looking at added value and long term business potential when deciding on who to bring on board..

I know to try and resist the thank you note.. and this might be completely off base and way too eager.. interview went well and we hit it off.. this is exactly the type of firm and practice area I want - people seemed very nice as well.

comments from those hiring on how you would perceive this? will this help or hurt my chances??

Anonymous User

Re: follow up etiquette after boutique interview

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:54 am

alas my question remains unanswered. leaning towards foregoing the aforementioned. Would still appreciate any thoughts if anyone is so inclined 8)

Return to “Legal Employment�