Cyber Security Law? How's the demand?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
MurderafterMidnight

New

Cyber Security Law? How's the demand?

Postby MurderafterMidnight » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:46 pm

Curios what's the market place like for this at the moment? Asking since I also have previous IT/security experience.........

1styearlateral

Silver

Re: Cyber Security Law? How's the demand?

Postby 1styearlateral » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Super hot right now, especially with GDPR compliance deadline imminent.

MurderafterMidnight

New

Postby MurderafterMidnight » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:15 am

1styearlateral wrote:Super hot right now, especially with GDPR compliance deadline imminent.

Cool, what are some qualifications/experience employer's require/look for???????

1styearlateral

Silver

Postby 1styearlateral » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:00 am

The main and most common one is the CIPP/US issued by the IAPP. The IAPP has a couple others, too. If you're super hardcore, there's the CISSP and CISA/CISM certs. I know some have gotten these more advanced certifications, but they're more tech-related and aren't entirely necessary to practice privacy law.

MurderafterMidnight

New

Postby MurderafterMidnight » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:11 pm

1styearlateral wrote:The main and most common one is the CIPP/US issued by the IAPP. The IAPP has a couple others, too. If you're super hardcore, there's the CISSP and CISA/CISM certs. I know some have gotten these more advanced certifications, but they're more tech-related and aren't entirely necessary to practice privacy law.

Cool thanks I will look into these.....

Return to “Legal Employment�