Delete

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: My "Should I take this inhouse job" thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:28 pm

This seems like a no brainer to me. I would take this job in a second. You’re a fourth year in niche area that can go be a generalist in house at a stable large company with better work life balance (2300 hours fucking sucks) and somehow get higher pay (115k base + 144-240k bonus wtf?)?

The only negatives I see in your post are cubicle (get over it) and commute (would be way more than made up for by leaving at 6...).

Oh, and you’re going to quit in a year or two anyway. Why are you even asking this?

lawhopeful100

Bronze

Postby lawhopeful100 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:40 pm

Yea seems like a good opportunity for you. Congrats.

Sacred Cow

New

Postby Sacred Cow » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:43 pm

By "60k quarterly bonus" you mean 60k spread out over the course of the year, not 60k every quarter, right? Because if it's the latter then I don't know how this would be a tough decision at all. Even if it's spread out, this sounds like a fantastic opportunity and you should take it, especially if you think you'll leave the firm anyway. Sounds like these jobs are pretty tough to get in your market.

1styearlateral

Silver

Postby 1styearlateral » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The only negatives I see in your post are cubicle (get over it) and commute (would be way more than made up for by leaving at 6...).

This would be my hangup, but otherwise a great deal.

misterjames

Bronze

Postby misterjames » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:02 pm

$60k per quarter?!? Dude take this position. Buy a lotto ticket while you're at it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:22 pm

Thanks everyone! Appreciate the sanity check.

And the $60k figure is annual, but the the bonus is payable quarterly. So ~$15k/quarter, assuming it is paid.

And I agree the commute would suck. I guess I'll have to find some way to use that time in a marginally productive way. But I think a regular 7am-6:30pm work day, with downtime in the middle, would beat the ups and downs of biglaw. Over time at least.

Return to “Legal Employment?