Lateral online application

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Lateral online application

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:41 pm

I know the best method is using internal referral but do online submissions also work? as background currently junior at v10 looking to switch markets

lawhopeful100

Bronze

Re: Lateral online application

Postby lawhopeful100 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:10 pm

I just lateraled and got the job after just submitting an app online. I think if you are qualified for the opening for which you are applying you have a decent chance at being contacted.

objctnyrhnr

Postby objctnyrhnr » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:24 pm

I think this situation creates a good argument for using a recruiter.

lawhopeful100

Bronze

Postby lawhopeful100 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:57 pm

objctnyrhnr wrote:I think this situation creates a good argument for using a recruiter.

I think using a recruiter can be good to find openings at places that are not publicly listing an opening. Where a firm has posted the opening though, you might actually have better results applying yourself. It depends on the firm obviously, but I have heard of stories, where if it's a close call between two candidates, a firm may choose the applicant that did not use a recruiter in order to avoid paying the recruiter fee. Just something to consider.

Return to “Legal Employment�