What happens after rejection from lateral interview? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What happens after rejection from lateral interview?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:34 am

So I'm a bankruptcy second year associate at an AM Law 200 firm. I recently interviewed for a lateral spot at one of the top shops for bankruptcy (weil/kirkland) but was rejected after the call back stage.

Am i forever barred from lateraling to this firm? Or can I try I again down the road once I have more experience, say as a mid level?

Anonymous User

Re: What happens after rejection from lateral interview?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So I'm a bankruptcy second year associate at an AM Law 200 firm. I recently interviewed for a lateral spot at one of the top shops for bankruptcy (weil/kirkland) but was rejected after the call back stage.

Am i forever barred from lateraling to this firm? Or can I try I again down the road once I have more experience, say as a mid level?
+1. I have the exact same question based on the exact same facts. A little creepy.

albanach

Gold

Re: What happens after rejection from lateral interview?

Post by albanach » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:46 pm

I honestly have no direct experience here. Past posts on TLS do, however, indicate that firms will hire students who were previously rejected and I can't see why it would be different later on in your career.

As a mid-level, you are a totally different hiring prospect. The reason the firm would be hiring you is for your actual skills and experience, rather than as a warm body that can bill for low-level work. To reject you later simply because they rejected you as a second year lateral would be akin to cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”