Resume Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
chelssd3232

New

Resume Question

Postby chelssd3232 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:18 pm

So next week I have a meeting with a firm that is fairly informal, but I want to bring some updated resumes with me. I am wondering if I should include on my resume that I am going to be TAing for Contracts next fall even though I haven't done it yet. I have received criticism during a mock interview for my resume being too public interest-y because of my work experience prior to law school. What is some advice on the best way to approach this? Thank you!

totesTheGoat

Re: Resume Question

Postby totesTheGoat » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:21 pm

chelssd3232 wrote:I am wondering if I should include on my resume that I am going to be TAing for Contracts next fall even though I haven't done it yet.

Doesn't really matter. Most people do list it, but it really doesn't make an impression. Just make sure not to list it in an ambiguous way so that your interviewer may thing you've already done it. It's awkward when you ask a student about how TAing for Contracts went, and they tell you they haven't started yet.

I have received criticism during a mock interview for my resume being too public interest-y because of my work experience prior to law school. What is some advice on the best way to approach this? Thank you!

Have a good canned answer to interview questions about your work experience.

Regarding the resume, if you can format it in a way that groups your public interest-y experience in one area and stylistically de-emphasize that area. Reduce the word count for public interest work experience, combine related portions of your PI work experience, etc.

Return to “Legal Employment�