What V100 firm has the most attractive female associates?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What V100 firm has the most attractive female associates?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:40 pm

I know I'm going to get trashed on this but hahaha if any of the ladies have any problem with this you can ask the same question but with guys. Lol no I wouldn't factor this when choosing a firm. At least not a major factor

Anonymous User

Re: What V100 firm has the most attractive female associates?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:03 pm

Kirkland and Davis Polk are both contenders

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know I'm going to get trashed on this but hahaha if any of the ladies have any problem with this you can ask the same question but with guys. Lol no I wouldn't factor this when choosing a firm. At least not a major factor

Don't worry about it, I think you've just outed yourself as someone who won't be at any V100 firm for very long. Most of these firms are pretty professional workplaces these days and won't really tolerate a junior associate dumb enough to rate the attractiveness of their female colleagues.

xn3345

New

Postby xn3345 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:01 pm

Wilson sonsini partners knew a partner was having tourniquets delivered to the office (related to a heroin addiction). They did nothing. That partner later died of an overdose. That’s one of the most coveted firms in Northern California. If a partner billing a lot can shoot heroin there, I’m fairly certain no one would blink at them rating women in private, especially at firms more desperate for clients and rainmaking partners.

animalpeople

New

Postby animalpeople » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I know I'm going to get trashed on this but hahaha if any of the ladies have any problem with this you can ask the same question but with guys. Lol no I wouldn't factor this when choosing a firm. At least not a major factor

Don't worry about it, I think you've just outed yourself as someone who won't be at any V100 firm for very long. Most of these firms are pretty professional workplaces these days and won't really tolerate a junior associate dumb enough to rate the attractiveness of their female colleagues.

You'd be surprised ...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:19 pm

xn3345 wrote:Wilson sonsini partners knew a partner was having tourniquets delivered to the office (related to a heroin addiction). They did nothing. That partner later died of an overdose. That’s one of the most coveted firms in Northern California. If a partner billing a lot can shoot heroin there, I’m fairly certain no one would blink at them rating women in private, especially at firms more desperate for clients and rainmaking partners.

I don't think OP is a rainmaking partner unless I missed something...sounds like a bro who, if there is any justice in this world, will end up working for women partners who find him as unattractive as he is immature.

jd20132013

Silver

Postby jd20132013 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Lol

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:23 pm

Nothing's better in this day and age to rank the attractiveness of potential co-workers instead of seeing them as human beings

jd20132013

Silver

Postby jd20132013 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:58 pm

maybe this isn't the setting for grappling with this topic but I'm actually not sure those have to be inconsistent

Wild Card

Bronze

Postby Wild Card » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Nothing's better in this day and age to rank the attractiveness of potential co-workers instead of seeing them as human beings

Your law firm does not/will not see you as a human being. Why don't you grow a sense of humor?

--

WLRK, because they make a fuckload of money and must've had astronomically high grades from T6 law schools.

gander14

New

Postby gander14 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:05 am

This outrage is dumb. Normal people think about whether other people are attractive. There's nothing wrong with talking about that.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Lol shut the fuck up. OP is just curious. Hopefully he wouldn't be as dumb as to rate coworkers on looks with other coworkers. 90% of men have a "Would I smash" thought process when they work with any girl within a week. They just don't expressed this like OP.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Lol shut the fuck up. OP is just curious. Hopefully he wouldn't be as dumb as to rate coworkers on looks with other coworkers. 90% of men have a "Would I smash" thought process when they work with any girl within a week. They just don't expressed this like OP.

Nobody is saying considering the attractiveness of your coworkers is a thought crime, but like you said 90% of people are smart enough not to express that except maybe in very private settings. These firms are traditionally male-dominated and women are trying to build careers based on their merit and facing real obstacles. There is a serious lack of perspective and maturity in rating the looks of your female colleagues.

Lacepiece23

Silver

Postby Lacepiece23 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Maybe OP is single and wants to find someone while working? Is that okay? Just curious actually. I mean he couldn’t date a partner, but an associate in another practice group over whom he has no influence on professional development.

Nobody is saying considering the attractiveness of your coworkers is a thought crime, but like you said 90% of people are smart enough not to express that except maybe in very private settings. These firms are traditionally male-dominated and women are trying to build careers based on their merit and facing real obstacles. There is a serious lack of perspective and maturity in rating the looks of your female colleagues.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:53 am

Wild Card wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Nothing's better in this day and age to rank the attractiveness of potential co-workers instead of seeing them as human beings

Your law firm does not/will not see you as a human being. Why don't you grow a sense of humor?

--

WLRK, because they make a fuckload of money and must've had astronomically high grades from T6 law schools.

You have a strange obsession with that firm

It certainly does not fit the bill to this question, and nothing about how you described it would sugggest otherwise

Wild Card

Bronze

Postby Wild Card » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:40 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
Wild Card wrote:

--

You have a strange obsession with that firm

It certainly does not fit the bill to this question, and nothing about how you described it would sugggest otherwise

I'm not so subtly insinuating that female (and male) associates are hideous, inside and out. The attractive women at my law school are all doing public interest, so there.

ughbugchugplug

New

Postby ughbugchugplug » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:23 pm

xn3345 wrote:Wilson sonsini partners knew a partner was having tourniquets delivered to the office (related to a heroin addiction). They did nothing. That partner later died of an overdose. That’s one of the most coveted firms in Northern California. If a partner billing a lot can shoot heroin there, I’m fairly certain no one would blink at them rating women in private, especially at firms more desperate for clients and rainmaking partners.

Man, sure would be weird if large corporate entities only took steps that respected their employees when it protected them from liability, wouldn’t it

jd20132013

Silver

Postby jd20132013 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:00 am

Link ?

1styearlateral

Silver

Postby 1styearlateral » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:07 am

Everyone hating on OP but maybe he just doesn't want to have to look at a bunch of fat slobs all day.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:29 am

So actually though, can I ask the same question but for guys?? I am in the process of going through lateral interviews, but I will have to say, as a very sexually active gay guy, I will miss seeing the group stud partner leaning against my doorway with his sleeves rolled up.... :lol:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:39 am

The most beautiful man I've ever seen was a litigator at Kirkland's NY office. mmMMMMMMMM...

minnbills

Gold

Postby minnbills » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:

lighten up

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:44 am

White & Case LA has some talent on BOTH SIDES.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:55 am

I once developed a crush on this O'Melveney guy I met at a networking event. It didn't help that apparently he lives in my neighborhood and I randomly see him EVERYWHERE over the weekends. Too bad he was straight and had a girlfriend :cry:

1styearlateral

Silver

Postby 1styearlateral » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:White & Case LA has some talent on BOTH SIDES.

Yeah holy shit I just looked and can confirm.

Return to “Legal Employment?