Best/Worst Areas of Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Best/Worst Areas of Law

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:29 pm

Please no "well, it all depends on..." posts. I know it "all depends". Just give me your opinions. What areas of law do you think are the best (in terms of work stress, competitiveness, relevance or need, etc) and the worst in terms of law?

I've heard that adoption law or and probate law aren't all that contentious, but family and criminal law are pretty tough.

sundance95

Gold

Re: Best/Worst Areas of Law

Post by sundance95 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:55 pm

space law

totesTheGoat

Silver

Post by totesTheGoat » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:06 pm

Everything I heard about family law made me very happy to never have to go anywhere near it. Family law and bankruptcy law would both be hard for me. You can kick ass at your job and it's still your client's worst day of their life.

I've only worked in big lawfirms and big companies, so theres a certain level of intrigue associated with working in a small setting where you have to be a jack-of-all-trades. I'd probably enjoy criminal defense law if I got to thoroughly vet my clients before taking them on.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:12 pm

Asbestos litigation sucked.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:14 am

Healthcare may not be exciting but it is interesting enough. You did get to go to court occasionally, but most cases are “settled.”

Ramius

Gold

Post by Ramius » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:50 am

lateral attorney recruiting can be a shit show. Make sure you hire a good recruiter that you've independently researched. Otherwise they'll find you and convince you to sign on for a shit service.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”