Info on DLA Piper? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Info on DLA Piper?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:21 pm

Any info on how people view dla piper and if associates are generally satisfied there? tried searching around, but generally ended up with "enjoy dla piper" memes...

cron1834

Gold

Re: Info on DLA Piper?

Post by cron1834 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any info on how people view DLA Piper and if associates are generally satisfied there? tried searching around, but generally ended up with "enjoy DLA Piper" memes...
I also know nothing about them other than the existence of this TLS meme :lol:

nealric

Post by nealric » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:08 am

It's an enormous firm with a lot of offices, so experience will likely vary greatly between them. They are relatively low in profits per partner and revenue per lawyer by biglaw standards (Around $650k compared to well over $1M for most Vault-ranked firms). What that means to you as a prospective associate will vary, and I suspect there's a huge difference between DLA NYC and DLA Minneapolis.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any info on how people view DLA Piper and if associates are generally satisfied there? tried searching around, but generally ended up with "enjoy DLA Piper" memes...
I interviewed there for a summer gig and got through several screeners. It appeared at the time that they only took a handful of kids nationwide, and filled their associate ranks largely through laterals. What does this mean? It means you don't have a lot of home grown associates. It also seemed like the offices I was looking at were quite heavy on partners and quite light on associates. They aren't known as a great place to work, but they seem to think it's very special that they are a very global firm. However, it didn't really seem like you got to rotate or go to other offices much, so I didn't really "feel" global like some larger firms are. Not sure if that helps or answers your query.

You might want to check to see if your school has Vault access so you can see what their associates say. The AmLaw midlevel survey might be a good data point for you as well. GL.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”