Boutique Law Interview Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jemi1588

New

Boutique Law Interview

Post by jemi1588 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:09 am

Hi all, got an offer to come interview from a boutique firm in NYC started by former big law partners. I responded with my availability but have yet to hear back from them with an interview date -- it's been three days. I want to possibly reach out again but I don't want to come off as desperate or overly eager. Although I feel like big law schedules quite quickly after an initial contact. Has anyone else experienced this?

thelastlaugh

New

Re: Boutique Law Interview

Post by thelastlaugh » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:34 pm

How far out did you give availability? I had a boutique as for my availability for the next week, so when then next week was half over, I followed up to see if they were still trying to calendar something for that week. It's only been three days, and I think smaller places are harder to schedule because of fewer people they probably want you to interview with. I would give it a little more time.

jemi1588

New

Re: Boutique Law Interview

Post by jemi1588 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:35 am

I gave my availability until the week of March 5th so definitely a lot of wiggle room in between for scheduling purposes. I suppose that means that they knew it would take more than a day to get my date settled.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”