Your disposable income in 80K-100K range

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Your disposable income in 80K-100K range

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:46 am

When the recruiter says the salary is in the 80-100K range, how much would this disposable income (income after income taxes, and other taxes, mandatory things) be? I understand it depends on states, of course, and I only need ballpark figures. I wouldn't need TX statistics, though, cause they don't have income taxes.

ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS?

TEIAM

Bronze

Re: Your disposable income in 80K-100K range

Postby TEIAM » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When the recruiter says the salary is in the 80-100K range, how much would this disposable income (income after income taxes, and other taxes, mandatory things) be? I understand it depends on states, of course, and I only need ballpark figures. I wouldn't need TX statistics, though, cause they don't have income taxes.

ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS?

Safe to assume that you will see about 65% of your gross income. Other factors include marital status, pre-tax retirement contributions, and health insurance.

Loquitur Res

New

Re: Your disposable income in 80K-100K range

Postby Loquitur Res » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When the recruiter says the salary is in the 80-100K range, how much would this disposable income (income after income taxes, and other taxes, mandatory things) be? I understand it depends on states, of course, and I only need ballpark figures. I wouldn't need TX statistics, though, cause they don't have income taxes.

ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS?

This is going to completely depend on where you live, family situation, what type of housing you require (are you fine with a studio apartment, do you need a 3br house?), how much debt you have, etc. In other words, no one can possibly answer this for you. You are the only one in the position to ascertain a ballpark figure here because you are the only one that knows what your living situation is or will be. If you simply want to know what your after-tax income will be you can use online calculators. Try smartasset.com

Return to “Legal Employment�