Miami Legal Market

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Beads2017

New

Miami Legal Market

Postby Beads2017 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Looking for advice on where to be applying in Miami. My longterm goal is to be an AUSA, but I know I need some trial experience before I can get hired there. I'll be grauduating in the top half of a T-14 and want to make close to $70k a year. Is that possible without going into Big Law? Are there any mid-sized firms that I should be looking at? Would really appreciate some advice because my CDO's answer to everythng is to just to apply to Big Law in NYC

Anonymous User

Re: Miami Legal Market

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:04 pm

As someone who started their career in Miami and wanted to be an AUSA, I think your CDO advice is probably on-point. Look through the AUSAs on LinkedIn in Miami and you won’t find many that started their career there.

FWIW I’ve applied many times to each and every opening for an AUSA spot in Miami. I’ve never heard back.

Return to “Legal Employment?