State of Andrews Kurth for SA’s?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

State of Andrews Kurth for SA’s?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:08 am

Does anyone have insight into what all these partner departures could mean for SA’s in the near future? I have an offer for the Houston office that I am hesitant about. A great firm in many other aspects, just unsure how this will affect the future of the firm.

Anonymous User

Re: State of Andrews Kurth for SA’s?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:45 am

I would immediately begin looking around at other options. I have a few friends who already lateralled out and things don't seem to be going well.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:47 pm

From what I know, a potential merger has been reported in the legal press and I think it’s super common for people to leave pre (and post) - happens all the time! I’m glad you have transit info on lateral folks, but I’ve got direct lines of contact with friends who are currently there and they are all planning to stay. In candid talks, they are really excited about what the future holds. I would suggest you reaching out to your contacts there if you are uncertain.

tyroneslothrop1

Bronze

Postby tyroneslothrop1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:From what I know, a potential merger has been reported in the legal press and I think it’s super common for people to leave pre (and post) - happens all the time! I’m glad you have transit info on lateral folks, but I’ve got direct lines of contact with friends who are currently there and they are all planning to stay. In candid talks, they are really excited about what the future holds. I would suggest you reaching out to your contacts there if you are uncertain.

LOL. I have no information about Andrews Kurth but this sounds like it was written by a recruiter as Andrews Kurth. Partner defections and rumors of a firm implosion are never positive. Full stop. The firm may merge, or it may not. Even if there is a merger, consolidation is likely to follow which may result in associates losing their jobs. The OP should look for another job and accept the Andrews Kurth offer only as a last resort.

Return to “Legal Employment?