Using multiple recruiters

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Using multiple recruiters

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:10 pm

Had a good recruiter I had been working with contact me about a position. Recruiter was a little late as another recruiter I knew submitted to the same firm for me 3 days ago. I feel bad because this recruiter seems to work hard for me. Should I be feeling bad?

RedGiant

Re: Using multiple recruiters

Postby RedGiant » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:Had a good recruiter I had been working with contact me about a position. Recruiter was a little late as another recruiter I knew submitted to the same firm for me 3 days ago. I feel bad because this recruiter seems to work hard for me. Should I be feeling bad?

In my experience, I try to use one recruiter per market, but if I hear of something from a different recruiter, I will contact my #1 recruiter and try to see if they are on contract with the firm I heard about. But I've had more success with law school friends putting my resume in--the commission (bonus) is a lot lower that way, so less of a deterrent for the firm to hire.

Return to “Legal Employment�