acronyms on resume

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
swtlilsoni

Bronze

acronyms on resume

Postby swtlilsoni » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:54 am

On a resume, should we write the full name or acronym of regulations (such as Affordable Care Act vs. ACA). Some full names are quite long and would take a lot of space to list them, especially if I am listing a few.

On that note, if I am writing a line in a resume to show I have experience in a certain area of law, I should list all the regulations I worked with, right? Rather than just describe the area of law generally (health care law)

**this is not about health care law that was just an example I am using

Anonymous User

Re: acronyms on resume

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:27 am

swtlilsoni wrote:On a resume, should we write the full name or acronym of regulations (such as Affordable Care Act vs. ACA). Some full names are quite long and would take a lot of space to list them, especially if I am listing a few.

On that note, if I am writing a line in a resume to show I have experience in a certain area of law, I should list all the regulations I worked with, right? Rather than just describe the area of law generally (health care law)

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
swtlilsoni wrote:On a resume, should we write the full name or acronym of regulations (such as Affordable Care Act vs. ACA). Some full names are quite long and would take a lot of space to list them, especially if I am listing a few.

is this an answer to the question?

RCSOB657

Gold

Postby RCSOB657 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:22 am

It's obviously not a substantive answer.

pleasedonttouchmyRAP

New

Postby pleasedonttouchmyRAP » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

*Obamacare don't follow my advice

Return to “Legal Employment�