Applying through recruiter on Linkedin = auto-application?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Applying through recruiter on Linkedin = auto-application?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:46 am

Hello. I am pretty new to the lateral process and have never used a recruiter before, but I wanted to ask a question about applying to jobs through a recruiter and independently of a recruiter. I was looking through job postings on LinkedIn and found a posting by a recruiter for a position that I am very interested. I clicked apply (very simple, straightforward application process) and thought that was that. Fast forward couple of days, looking through job postings on a different site, I found the exact same job posting for the position I applied for, but from the firm directly. I know that if I go through a recruiter, it would make my application less appealing cuz a firm would have to shell over money for the referral. Can I apply separately to the firm on their site? I can't withdraw my application through the LinkedIn recruiter it seems :/

minnbills

Gold

Re: Applying through recruiter on Linkedin = auto-application?

Postby minnbills » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:12 pm

They're not going to ding you because you applied separately. On the other hand, between equal applicants - they'll always hire the one not from the recruiter, because then they won't have to pay the recruiter fee, which can be pretty big.

Return to “Legal Employment�