Morgan Lewis: Ok place to work?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
eastcoast_iub

Bronze
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Re: Morgan Lewis: Ok place to work?

Postby eastcoast_iub » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:11 pm

You would love Kirkland then, where some people it seems work 4-5 days a week from home.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325764
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Morgan Lewis: Ok place to work?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bumping this: do they pay first years stub year bonuses? Considering an offer to join the NY office but some discussions in ITT make me a bit worried :|


sorry to take over- but wondering: did you get your offer recently? just had a CB this week and getting nervous



.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325764
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Morgan Lewis: Ok place to work?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Unfortunately for those of you waiting to hear at this point, you may be stuck in a holding pattern for a bit. Most offices have probably given out offers by now, so you are probably at the whim of waiting for people to either reject an offer, or for their 28-day NALP period to expire.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325764
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Morgan Lewis: Ok place to work?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know nothing about their culture or practice group strengths, but unless every other aspect of the firm is shit, I feel like I'd go there just for the 2-days work-from-home allowances per week.


Do you know if juniors have this option?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325764
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Morgan Lewis: Ok place to work?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I know nothing about their culture or practice group strengths, but unless every other aspect of the firm is shit, I feel like I'd go there just for the 2-days work-from-home allowances per week.


Do you know if juniors have this option?


No, you have to be with the firm for at least 2 years (so at least a 3rd year associate).

Anonymous User
Posts: 325764
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Morgan Lewis: Ok place to work?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I know nothing about their culture or practice group strengths, but unless every other aspect of the firm is shit, I feel like I'd go there just for the 2-days work-from-home allowances per week.


Do you know if juniors have this option?


No, you have to be with the firm for at least 2 years (so at least a 3rd year associate).


Thank you! Can you (or anyone else seeing this) comment on their M&A practice in NY, in terms of the quality of work, client contact, exit ops, etc? Thanks in advance.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325764
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Morgan Lewis: Ok place to work?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Unfortunately for those of you waiting to hear at this point, you may be stuck in a holding pattern for a bit. Most offices have probably given out offers by now, so you are probably at the whim of waiting for people to either reject an offer, or for their 28-day NALP period to expire.


I had my callback 2 days ago, so I don't think that's necessarily true. But that's why I was wondering if you (if you're OP) had JUST recieved your offer recently or not

Anonymous User
Posts: 325764
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Morgan Lewis: Ok place to work?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Unfortunately for those of you waiting to hear at this point, you may be stuck in a holding pattern for a bit. Most offices have probably given out offers by now, so you are probably at the whim of waiting for people to either reject an offer, or for their 28-day NALP period to expire.


I had my callback 2 days ago, so I don't think that's necessarily true. But that's why I was wondering if you (if you're OP) had JUST recieved your offer recently or not


It's certainly possible. I'm an associate at a non-NY office, and I know we have offers out, and won't make any additional offers unless someone rejects or their 28-day clock expires.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325764
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Morgan Lewis: Ok place to work?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:A friend at my firm now worked there: notoriously cheap and have the habit of screwing associates on their bonuses based on vague, discretionary rules. NY office; transactional. More than a few lost their chance at a bonus at some weird retroactive rule that came in just before year end and assured they couldn’t meet it.


Have definitely heard about them being cheap and having a shitty culture as well. People I know who's accepted their MLB offer couldn't give a concrete reason why other than something along the lines of "I want to do biglaw and didn't have better options."

Anonymous User
Posts: 325764
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Morgan Lewis: Ok place to work?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:A friend at my firm now worked there: notoriously cheap and have the habit of screwing associates on their bonuses based on vague, discretionary rules. NY office; transactional. More than a few lost their chance at a bonus at some weird retroactive rule that came in just before year end and assured they couldn’t meet it.


Have definitely heard about them being cheap and having a shitty culture as well. People I know who's accepted their MLB offer couldn't give a concrete reason why other than something along the lines of "I want to do biglaw and didn't have better options."


can you elaborate on the shitty culture?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325764
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Morgan Lewis: Ok place to work?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:A friend at my firm now worked there: notoriously cheap and have the habit of screwing associates on their bonuses based on vague, discretionary rules. NY office; transactional. More than a few lost their chance at a bonus at some weird retroactive rule that came in just before year end and assured they couldn’t meet it.


Have definitely heard about them being cheap and having a shitty culture as well. People I know who's accepted their MLB offer couldn't give a concrete reason why other than something along the lines of "I want to do biglaw and didn't have better options."


Could you be a bit more precise on what makes MLB uniquely cheap? Is it a low Seamless budget??



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.