Small Business Administration Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Small Business Administration

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:23 pm

Have an interview for a summer position and I am wondering if anyone has info on the quality of this type of experience? I'm wondering what people think of them within gov't jobs etc.

Anonymous User

Re: Small Business Administration

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:31 pm

Bump.. have an interview in a couple days and don't know what to think about future career, etc with this type of internship

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:48 pm

i know a couple of ppl in the office of advocacy and it's a "what you make of it" position. there are lots of different regulatory areas - environmental, IP, transportation, food/health, labor, banking, etc. and they review legislation/rulemaking as it impacts their respective regulatory practice.

edit: as for offers, they do make offers but they're not big enough to give out more than 1, and it's not a guarantee that if you summer there that it'll go to you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:00 am

pancakes3 wrote:i know a couple of ppl in the office of advocacy and it's a "what you make of it" position. there are lots of different regulatory areas - environmental, IP, transportation, food/health, labor, banking, etc. and they review legislation/rulemaking as it impacts their respective regulatory practice.

edit: as for offers, they do make offers but they're not big enough to give out more than 1, and it's not a guarantee that if you summer there that it'll go to you.
Thanks for the info! this is with the office of general counsel I'm not sure if that would make a difference but good to know going into it

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”