Entry-Level NYC Legal Aid/ PD Offices Starting Salary

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
publicinterestatty

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:53 pm

Entry-Level NYC Legal Aid/ PD Offices Starting Salary

Postby publicinterestatty » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:39 pm

What have been the starting salaries for Legal Aid and other NYC PD offices (BK & BX Defenders, QLA, etc) for entry level attorneys in the past couple of years? 2015? 2016? 2017? 2018 (if anyone has been offered a job yet)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327333
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Entry-Level NYC Legal Aid/ PD Offices Starting Salary

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:45 pm

2017
NYCDS - 68k + 5 weeks paid vacation

2016
BxD - 58k entry level/60k post bar
LAS - 51k entry level/60k post bar

I'm pretty sure NDS pay is in line with BxD/LAS but that's just a hunch

I don't think QLA hires anyone entry level ... no idea about BDS salary, but probably in line with BxD.

I take that back re QLA, I see on linkedin they have new grad hires

publicinterestatty

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: Entry-Level NYC Legal Aid/ PD Offices Starting Salary

Postby publicinterestatty » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:2017
NYCDS - 68k + 5 weeks paid vacation

2016
BxD - 58k entry level/60k post bar
LAS - 51k entry level/60k post bar

I'm pretty sure NDS pay is in line with BxD/LAS but that's just a hunch

I don't think QLA hires anyone entry level ... no idea about BDS salary, but probably in line with BxD.

I take that back re QLA, I see on linkedin they have new grad hires


Thanks! I'm wondering whether BxD/ LAS salaries increased at all

Anonymous User
Posts: 327333
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Entry-Level NYC Legal Aid/ PD Offices Starting Salary

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:14 pm

publicinterestatty wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:2017
NYCDS - 68k + 5 weeks paid vacation

2016
BxD - 58k entry level/60k post bar
LAS - 51k entry level/60k post bar

I'm pretty sure NDS pay is in line with BxD/LAS but that's just a hunch

I don't think QLA hires anyone entry level ... no idea about BDS salary, but probably in line with BxD.

I take that back re QLA, I see on linkedin they have new grad hires


Thanks! I'm wondering whether BxD/ LAS salaries increased at all


You can look up Legal Aid's here, though it's a couple years old: https://alaa2325.files.wordpress.com/20 ... 15-ocr.pdf.
Brooklyn pays new attorneys 61.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327333
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Entry-Level NYC Legal Aid/ PD Offices Starting Salary

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:30 pm

publicinterestatty wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:2017
NYCDS - 68k + 5 weeks paid vacation

2016
BxD - 58k entry level/60k post bar
LAS - 51k entry level/60k post bar

I'm pretty sure NDS pay is in line with BxD/LAS but that's just a hunch

I don't think QLA hires anyone entry level ... no idea about BDS salary, but probably in line with BxD.

I take that back re QLA, I see on linkedin they have new grad hires


Thanks! I'm wondering whether BxD/ LAS salaries increased at all


Just got an offer from BxD and was told they are expected to increase ~$2-3k.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327333
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Entry-Level NYC Legal Aid/ PD Offices Starting Salary

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:19 pm

Any other 2017/2018 NYC PD salaries would be super helpful

Anonymous User
Posts: 327333
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Entry-Level NYC Legal Aid/ PD Offices Starting Salary

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:15 pm

What are you looking for here OP? Is there a certain place you want salary info on? Are you a current 3L thinking of applying? It's pretty late in the game if so...

Anonymous User
Posts: 327333
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Entry-Level NYC Legal Aid/ PD Offices Starting Salary

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What are you looking for here OP? Is there a certain place you want salary info on? Are you a current 3L thinking of applying? It's pretty late in the game if so...


Looking for salaries of NYC PD offices to use in negotiations with a non-profit PI organization offer. 2017 LAS entry level would be the most helpful to compare.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327333
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Entry-Level NYC Legal Aid/ PD Offices Starting Salary

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:28 pm

2018 Bronx Defenders: $61k



Return to “Legal Employment�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.