NY Moral Character Affidavit

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
L_William_W

Bronze

NY Moral Character Affidavit

Postby L_William_W » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:45 pm

After attempt #3, I passed the NY bar exam this past July. I still have to submit a shitload of paperwork before I can be admitted. One of the forms is a Moral Character Affidavit. Just one caveat: It can't be filled out by a former professor, employer, or family member.

What the hell am I supposed to do?

adil91

Silver

Re: NY Moral Character Affidavit

Postby adil91 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:00 pm

Ask a friend

cron1834

Gold

Postby cron1834 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:22 pm

L_William_W wrote:After attempt #3, I passed the NY bar exam this past July. I still have to submit a shitload of paperwork before I can be admitted. One of the forms is a Moral Character Affidavit. Just one caveat: It can't be filled out by a former professor, employer, or family member.

Do you seriously not know anyone other than teachers, bosses, and family?

cavalier1138

Platinum

Postby cavalier1138 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:44 am

L_William_W wrote:After attempt #3, I passed the NY bar exam this past July. I still have to submit a shitload of paperwork before I can be admitted. One of the forms is a Moral Character Affidavit. Just one caveat: It can't be filled out by a former professor, employer, or family member.

Maybe just submit a copy of your thread here asking about when it's appropriate to lie on your resume?

nybar2017

New

Postby nybar2017 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:33 am

cavalier1138 wrote:

Maybe just submit a copy of your thread here asking about when it's appropriate to lie on your resume?

That plus the one comparing pro bono work to slavery should do it.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:39 am

cron1834 wrote:

Do you seriously not know anyone other than teachers, bosses, and family?

1styearlateral

Silver

Postby 1styearlateral » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:52 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:

:lol:

Return to “Legal Employment�