Weird Networking Issue

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Weird Networking Issue

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:13 pm

So I've been at a large law firm for a few months and things aren't going great. I'm trying to figure out where to go next and what skills/experiences I need to develop before moving on. I reached out to an attorney at a (non-firm) employer that I'm interested in via email to meet for a coffee/chat-- this is a friend of a friend type situation, and the attorney was expecting to hear from me.

The issue is that I emailed him from my private gmail account, and he responded to my official firm email. I doubt my employer will actually read the message, but I just find it very strange that he actively looked for my firm email and responded there. Am I being super paranoid here? Or is this weird?

Lincoln

Silver

Re: Weird Networking Issue

Postby Lincoln » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:31 pm

He probably just didn't immediately find your email in his crowded inbox, so he googled and found your firm profile. Not that weird.

Anonymous User

Re: Weird Networking Issue

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:11 pm

Something like that probably happened. But I'm not even listed on my firm's website yet, and my email isn't something super intuitive. Weird, but I'll accept that I'm just being paranoid.

Return to “Legal Employment�