Experience at 150 attorney big regional firms major Mkt

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Experience at 150 attorney big regional firms major Mkt

Postby objctnyrhnr » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:59 pm

I was wondering if anybody works or has worked at one of those big regional firms with 150 or 200 attorneys. By some definitions, I suppose these would be on the cusp of biglaw, paying maybe 40k off biglaw market value.

My questions include, but are not limited to, what does a junior litigation associate do? What does a mid level litigation associate do? How did you feel your firm was viewed by biglaw peers in the major market? How were exit options; specifically, did you ever try to lateral to biglaw from there? If so, do you feel that you were hurt by maybe arguable relatively lower prestige than a national firm? Could this be made up for by better experience as a junior associate? Are there circumstances that might warrant taking an offer at one of these over biglaw?

Thanks in advance

Return to “Legal Employment”