1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Gamble2 wrote:I got my shit rocked with ding after ding. FML.


Sorry to hear, though it's such a shitshow for these diversity programs. Much less about merit and much more about whether you're the right type of "diversity" they're looking for. They've literally got boxes to check off, rank stack candidates for each of those boxes, and go on to the next "diversity type fit" candidate on the list if one turns them down. So it's all bullshit really and dings do not reflect your inherent ability. Honestly, now that I know how law firms hire, if I were hiring law firms I would look carefully at their junior associates to make sure they're worth they're billable hours.


Come on, you're in law school... *their

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Heard all Latham offers have gone out. I haven't received a formal ding yet but pretty sure it's coming. Still worth it to go to their diversity weekend if I'm not working for them this summer and don't really want to as a 2L?


Yes. It’s all expenses paid and a great networking opportunity. You never know who you will meet that could help you reach your goals, even if at another firm.


But I'm so salty they rejected me and accepted someone else I know who's so much less qualified


Did you get a formal ding?

TEIAM

Bronze
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:41 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby TEIAM » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Heard all Latham offers have gone out. I haven't received a formal ding yet but pretty sure it's coming. Still worth it to go to their diversity weekend if I'm not working for them this summer and don't really want to as a 2L?


Yes. It’s all expenses paid and a great networking opportunity. You never know who you will meet that could help you reach your goals, even if at another firm.


But I'm so salty they rejected me and accepted someone else I know who's so much less qualified

I'd get this attitude in check before OCI--this exact situation will happen a number of times. Sometimes it's about more than qualifications. I did better at OCI with slightly above median grades than people at the top of my class. It's about your ability to seem normal and enjoyable just as much as it is about your qualifications.

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I also got a ding today lmfao...Is anyone still waiting on Kirkland 1L LCLD? For like split with verizon/accenture/BMY etc?


I'm waiting, are you?


Not OP but waiting +1. I cb-ed with NY - its been a while. Last year Kirkland took 3 from HLS - not sure if they are going to stick with HYS this year as well...


LOL oh :? did you get any info about turnaround/timelines?


Not OP (x2) - was told decisions will be made this week, but I believe that was for non LCLD positions.


Anyone CB and ding/CB and offer? Or is everyone CB and waiting?

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:46 pm

TEIAM wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Heard all Latham offers have gone out. I haven't received a formal ding yet but pretty sure it's coming. Still worth it to go to their diversity weekend if I'm not working for them this summer and don't really want to as a 2L?


Yes. It’s all expenses paid and a great networking opportunity. You never know who you will meet that could help you reach your goals, even if at another firm.


But I'm so salty they rejected me and accepted someone else I know who's so much less qualified

I'd get this attitude in check before OCI--this exact situation will happen a number of times. Sometimes it's about more than qualifications. I did better at OCI with slightly above median grades than people at the top of my class. It's about your ability to seem normal and enjoyable just as much as it is about your qualifications.


YES YES YES!!!!

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:59 pm

Anybody heard from DC firms? I still have ~ 20 apps outstanding

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody heard from DC firms? I still have ~ 20 apps outstanding


Join the club. I have about 80 outstanding. If you don't have any ongoing interviews, you might want to start applying for unpaids.

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:01 pm

how long have your CBs been? i was under the impression that they were half day kinda things, but i went screener --> CB and was put into a ~1:30 time slot.

Also, earlier this week i was invited to an office to speak with 3-4 attorneys without a phone screener. Does this serve as the screener or is it considered a CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I also got a ding today lmfao...Is anyone still waiting on Kirkland 1L LCLD? For like split with verizon/accenture/BMY etc?


I'm waiting, are you?


Not OP but waiting +1. I cb-ed with NY - its been a while. Last year Kirkland took 3 from HLS - not sure if they are going to stick with HYS this year as well...


LOL oh :? did you get any info about turnaround/timelines?


Not OP (x2) - was told decisions will be made this week, but I believe that was for non LCLD positions.


Anyone CB and ding/CB and offer? Or is everyone CB and waiting?



So did people hear back from Kirkland today? I was under the impression we'd get movement this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:19 pm

Did not hear from Kirkland and I was also told this week. :(

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:how long have your CBs been? i was under the impression that they were half day kinda things, but i went screener --> CB and was put into a ~1:30 time slot.

Also, earlier this week i was invited to an office to speak with 3-4 attorneys without a phone screener. Does this serve as the screener or is it considered a CB?


I had 1:30 callback recently as well (post in-person screener)

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:how long have your CBs been? i was under the impression that they were half day kinda things, but i went screener --> CB and was put into a ~1:30 time slot.

Also, earlier this week i was invited to an office to speak with 3-4 attorneys without a phone screener. Does this serve as the screener or is it considered a CB?


I had 1:30 callback recently as well (post in-person screener)


If it's several hours then it's a CB. I had 1:30pm CB's too - mostly a function of scheduling/not wanting to miss class. Cheaper for firms actually - no lunch component!

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:how long have your CBs been? i was under the impression that they were half day kinda things, but i went screener --> CB and was put into a ~1:30 time slot.

Also, earlier this week i was invited to an office to speak with 3-4 attorneys without a phone screener. Does this serve as the screener or is it considered a CB?


I had 1:30 callback recently as well (post in-person screener)


If it's several hours then it's a CB. I had 1:30pm CB's too - mostly a function of scheduling/not wanting to miss class. Cheaper for firms actually - no lunch component!

I meant 1:30 as in hour and a half. For example, is 10:00-11:30 am post phone screener as cb? Additionally (different firm) is an interview with 3-4 attorneys a cb if I didn't have any screener prior to?

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:Did not hear from Kirkland and I was also told this week. :(


Offers probably have gone out already...

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:how long have your CBs been? i was under the impression that they were half day kinda things, but i went screener --> CB and was put into a ~1:30 time slot.

Also, earlier this week i was invited to an office to speak with 3-4 attorneys without a phone screener. Does this serve as the screener or is it considered a CB?


I had 1:30 callback recently as well (post in-person screener)


If it's several hours then it's a CB. I had 1:30pm CB's too - mostly a function of scheduling/not wanting to miss class. Cheaper for firms actually - no lunch component!

I meant 1:30 as in hour and a half. For example, is 10:00-11:30 am post phone screener as cb? Additionally (different firm) is an interview with 3-4 attorneys a cb if I didn't have any screener prior to?


I'm the other person that also said 1:30, that's what I meant as well. I think if you're meeting 3+ attorneys it's definitely a CB. Mine was three 30-minute meetings with 1-2 attorneys each.

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:09 pm

Any S&C movement?

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:50 pm

anyone hear anything from Boies?

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear anything from Boies?


Just a request for another document 10 days ago, I was told that was when they were starting to review apps by someone else there as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear anything from Boies?


Just a request for another document 10 days ago, I was told that was when they were starting to review apps by someone else there as well.


I got an interview this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear anything from Boies?


Just a request for another document 10 days ago, I was told that was when they were starting to review apps by someone else there as well.


I got an interview this week.

What office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:05 pm

Was told there would be movement for Venable LA this week, has anyone interviewed/CBd there?

hello123456

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby hello123456 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:57 pm

any movement from Ropes & Gray? Has anyone had a CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:06 pm

hello123456 wrote:any movement from Ropes & Gray? Has anyone had a CB?


I know someone who received an offer

Anonymous User
Posts: 320251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any S&C movement?


offers have gone out

hello123456

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby hello123456 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
hello123456 wrote:any movement from Ropes & Gray? Has anyone had a CB?


I know someone who received an offer

Any idea when? did they accept?



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.