1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:White and Case ding with the staple: "However, you have quite an impressive record and we very much hope that you will apply to us for a position in our 2019 Summer Program."


I don't mean to burst your bubble, but that is literally the exact same email that every firm sends when they ding someone. It is likely a standard email that W&C sends to everyone that they ding.


I got the same email, can confirm it is standard. They also offered me an informational interview -- is that standard?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:White and Case ding with the staple: "However, you have quite an impressive record and we very much hope that you will apply to us for a position in our 2019 Summer Program."


I don't mean to burst your bubble, but that is literally the exact same email that every firm sends when they ding someone. It is likely a standard email that W&C sends to everyone that they ding.


I got the same email, can confirm it is standard. They also offered me an informational interview -- is that standard?

Greenlanpern

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:23 pm

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Greenlanpern » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:22 pm

Anyone have any info on Verizon 1L program? Just did the video interview. Whats the next step?

redbulls2595

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby redbulls2595 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:12 pm

Hey! Has anyone heard from Morgan Stanley about superday interviews for its 1L summer associate program?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:20 pm

Has anyone heard from Kirkland about the 1L LCLD program with verizon/BMY/etc yet? I know the rest of 1L SA offers have gone out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:17 pm

Anyone hear from Arnold Porter?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Arnold Porter?

They must be busy dinging the entirety of Kaye Scholer

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Hey for all who got offers:
1 - congrats!
2 - what happens after? have you heard from the firm since you accepted?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey for all who got offers:
1 - congrats!
2 - what happens after? have you heard from the firm since you accepted?


The firm followed up the next day with credentials to access the SA site and to start the on-boarding paperwork. Other than that, haven't heard anything special.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey for all who got offers:
1 - congrats!
2 - what happens after? have you heard from the firm since you accepted?

A few weeks later they emailed some forms including a conflict check, consent for a credit check, and a form for collecting general information.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Arnold Porter?


I got an invitation to first round interview, noting there will be a second round early March.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Has Latham sent offers out?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hey for all who got offers:
1 - congrats!
2 - what happens after? have you heard from the firm since you accepted?

A few weeks later they emailed some forms including a conflict check, consent for a credit check, and a form for collecting general information.

Does anyone know how long it takes to clear these checks or if they tell you whether you cleared them?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has Latham sent offers out?

wondering the same thing...

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has Latham sent offers out?

wondering the same thing...


They are in the process of making decisions. Apparently, offers are supposed to be sent out any day now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Kirkland about the 1L LCLD program with verizon/BMY/etc yet? I know the rest of 1L SA offers have gone out.


NY is done? also heard one person that got KE already. Not sure what program it is tho.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:16 pm

Just as a datapoint for future years, I did quite a few CBs (including flyouts) and did not net a single offer. I may just be a terrible interviewer, but don't bank on getting a 1L SA. HYS, top 25-30.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has Latham sent offers out?

wondering the same thing...


They are in the process of making decisions. Apparently, offers are supposed to be sent out any day now.


Has anyone received an invitation to their Diversity Leadership Academy in March? I'm wondering if that is a sign of a pending ding, but that "they are interested in me for 2L recruiting" :roll:

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has Latham sent offers out?

wondering the same thing...


They are in the process of making decisions. Apparently, offers are supposed to be sent out any day now.


Has anyone received an invitation to their Diversity Leadership Academy in March? I'm wondering if that is a sign of a pending ding, but that "they are interested in me for 2L recruiting" :roll:


Even if it is, it's a free trip to San Francisco, so why not? Most people that have interviewed with firms haven't even got that, so good on you for getting invited!

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Gibson ding! Finally!

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has Latham sent offers out?

wondering the same thing...


They are in the process of making decisions. Apparently, offers are supposed to be sent out any day now.


Has anyone received an invitation to their Diversity Leadership Academy in March? I'm wondering if that is a sign of a pending ding, but that "they are interested in me for 2L recruiting" :roll:


Even if it is, it's a free trip to San Francisco, so why not? Most people that have interviewed with firms haven't even got that, so good on you for getting invited!


I got this too but can't make it. I know plenty of people who have been though and hear it is definitely a valuable experience.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just as a datapoint for future years, I did quite a few CBs (including flyouts) and did not net a single offer. I may just be a terrible interviewer, but don't bank on getting a 1L SA. HYS, top 25-30.


Yeah I'm feeling like this is a pretty pointless exercise as well. I have my fourth CB this week but I'm not too hopeful and I've done countless screeners. Stats: diverse but not URM, CCN, ~top 20%

Also want to add that most of them have just felt like a recruiting tool to get you interested for next summer, some more explicitly than others.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has Latham sent offers out?

wondering the same thing...


They are in the process of making decisions. Apparently, offers are supposed to be sent out any day now.


Has anyone received an invitation to their Diversity Leadership Academy in March? I'm wondering if that is a sign of a pending ding, but that "they are interested in me for 2L recruiting" :roll:


Even if it is, it's a free trip to San Francisco, so why not? Most people that have interviewed with firms haven't even got that, so good on you for getting invited!


I got this too but can't make it. I know plenty of people who have been though and hear it is definitely a valuable experience.


for those who received the invitation, did you do a cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:21 pm

DC movement!?!?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327384
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Gibson ding! Finally!

NY or LA?



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.