1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:STB NY ding.


with/without interview? sorry to hear :(


No interview. Not a surprise. Barely top 1/3 CCN.

I'm top 10% at CCN but non-URM diverse.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:STB NY ding.


with/without interview? sorry to hear :(


No interview. Not a surprise. Barely top 1/3 CCN.

I'm top 10% at CCN but non-URM diverse, also ding without interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:09 pm

Why is STB dinging everyone :(

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:That's crazy re: Latham, they're still requesting grades from applicants at my school T8, from people who've not yet even interviewed.

also dinged STB fyi but had an interview. curious if anyone is in the same boat.


Seriously dude, since when is T8 a thing

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:That's crazy re: Latham, they're still requesting grades from applicants at my school T8, from people who've not yet even interviewed.

also dinged STB fyi but had an interview. curious if anyone is in the same boat.


Seriously dude, since when is T8 a thing


Just trying not to indicate what school I might be at!
Sorry, friend.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:That's crazy re: Latham, they're still requesting grades from applicants at my school T8, from people who've not yet even interviewed.

also dinged STB fyi but had an interview. curious if anyone is in the same boat.


Seriously dude, since when is T8 a thing


Just trying not to indicate what school I might be at!
Sorry, friend.

I mean if you say T8 we’ll assume you mean #8 so Mich or Virginia.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:That's crazy re: Latham, they're still requesting grades from applicants at my school T8, from people who've not yet even interviewed.

also dinged STB fyi but had an interview. curious if anyone is in the same boat.


Seriously dude, since when is T8 a thing


Just trying not to indicate what school I might be at!
Sorry, friend.

I mean if you say T8 we’ll assume you mean #8 so Mich or Virginia.


And if it's anywhere between #7 and #13 it makes more sense to just say T13

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:22 pm

thanks, guys - sorry about that. so yes, T13! and yes, I go to Mich or UVA.
makes sense that I was dinged obviously.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:30 pm

Why wouldn't Latham request grades before interviewing students? Lol

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Why wouldn't Latham request grades before interviewing students? Lol


I interviewed without grades at Skadden. CCN, but still. Anon isn't totally off.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:00 am

Not receiving a letter from Skadden 2 weeks after a screener means no cb, right?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:10 am

charlotte diversity clerkship interview invite

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if K&E Boston is taking 1L SAs?


Yes, they are taking 1 or 2.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:40 am

Has there been any Paul Weiss movement (NY)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:Not receiving a letter from Skadden 2 weeks after a screener means no cb, right?


Did you ask the person on the phone when you would hear?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has there been any Paul Weiss movement (NY)?

Nope — but I don’t think their application closes until next week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:42 am

Any Cravath hopefuls in the bldg?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:41 am

Latham ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:Latham ding.


What office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:Latham ding.


What office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:47 am

Re: Latham ding, NY. Apologies for not specifying.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:Re: Latham ding, NY. Apologies for not specifying.


Before or after an interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Re: Latham ding, NY. Apologies for not specifying.


Before or after an interview?


Pre-interview; happened right after I sent grades, so I'm guessing my low grade killed me. Best of luck to you guys.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:24 pm

Weird. Sent grades last week. No dings or screeners yet. Applied in December - just radio silence

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:30 pm

Friend of mine (same school) applied to White & Case on January 1st without grades. I applied on January 3rd and got an immediate reply that my app is incomplete until grades are submitted. On the 3rd, friend got an email inviting her for the standard 3-4 hour interview.



All of this is straight-up weird.



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.