1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone go straight to ding without having first had a callback or screener? I haven't heard anything at all yet - not even a ding.


Lol multiple

Soooooo so many.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:40 am

Friend just got Gibson LA. CCN, probably top 10-15%

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Wilkie ding
Kirkland Ellis ding

back to back!


Was your Kirkland ding a form letter or a personalized email?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:has anyone heard back from K&E (diversity SA) or K&E (SA/in-house split)?


They dinged me yesterday. lol

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If we haven't had any screeners by now I'm guessing the boat has sailed?


I've gotten screeners as late as this week. There's still hope :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If we haven't had any screeners by now I'm guessing the boat has sailed?


I've gotten screeners as late as this week. There's still hope :)


+1 also still getting screeners. Some firms seem to be moving slowly this year

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:07 pm

Have screeners gone out for K&E Boston yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Go to a t13 school. Got median grades first semester. Struck out in my insular home market (5 firms, anywhere from 1-2 SA's to 6 per class). Not a huge sample size, but I thought going to a t13 would put me a big leg up. Do median t13 students pretty much have to work in NYC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:has anyone heard back from K&E (diversity SA) or K&E (SA/in-house split)?


They dinged me yesterday. lol


Sorry to hear that. Ding by email or....?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:31 pm

Does anyone know what Proskauer's process is? Do they do screener then CB then offer? Or just one interview? I got what seems like a screener this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Go to a t13 school. Got median grades first semester. Struck out in my insular home market (5 firms, anywhere from 1-2 SA's to 6 per class). Not a huge sample size, but I thought going to a t13 would put me a big leg up. Do median t13 students pretty much have to work in NYC?


Dude how have you not gotten yet that 1L SAs are way more competitive than regular SAs, stop being dramatic.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Go to a t13 school. Got median grades first semester. Struck out in my insular home market (5 firms, anywhere from 1-2 SA's to 6 per class). Not a huge sample size, but I thought going to a t13 would put me a big leg up. Do median t13 students pretty much have to work in NYC?


sounds like you're assuming (or not) that t13 students with median grades are shoe-ins for the NYC market, which they most certainly aren't... there are so few 1L SA positions that even with such a large market like NYC, firms can take their pick of students who all have top notch grades...

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know what Proskauer's process is? Do they do screener then CB then offer? Or just one interview? I got what seems like a screener this week.


I went straight CB, and I know at least 2 other people that went straight CB as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know what Proskauer's process is? Do they do screener then CB then offer? Or just one interview? I got what seems like a screener this week.


Which office may I ask?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:10 am

Anyone else interviewing with DLA?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else interviewing with DLA?


I have a skype interview with the LA office next week

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else interviewing with DLA?


I have a skype interview with the LA office next week


What have you been able to find out about them? the lack of a NALP entry makes things more difficult.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:24 pm

Anyone heard anything from KE NY other than dings? CBs? Any CB -> offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Offer from KE NYC.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offer from KE NYC.

Woah congrats! when did you cb/hear back?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard anything from KE NY other than dings? CBs? Any CB -> offer?


Got a CB invite about a week ago after a transcript request

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard anything from KE NY other than dings? CBs? Any CB -> offer?


Got a CB invite about a week ago after a transcript request


have you cb-ed yet? just wondering if they have filled all there NY spots...

TEIAM

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:41 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby TEIAM » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard anything from KE NY other than dings? CBs? Any CB -> offer?


Got a CB invite about a week ago after a transcript request


have you cb-ed yet? just wondering if they have filled all there NY spots...

Their. You’re in law school. You must know the difference at this point.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:50 pm

TEIAM wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard anything from KE NY other than dings? CBs? Any CB -> offer?


Got a CB invite about a week ago after a transcript request


have you cb-ed yet? just wondering if they have filled all there NY spots...

Their. You’re in law school. You must know the difference at this point.


Thank you for the correction.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325935
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard anything from KE NY other than dings? CBs? Any CB -> offer?


Got a CB invite about a week ago after a transcript request


have you cb-ed yet? just wondering if they have filled all there NY spots...


Yep. ^ hard to know how many spots are left from such anecdotal data though... they don't tell us anything :(



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.