Incoming Summer Haven't Heard From Firm

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Incoming Summer Haven't Heard From Firm

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:44 pm

Looking for some advice on how to proceed. I accepted a SA offer from a firm back in August. It's a firm in a secondary market so I knew it wouldn't be the type of place to send gifts to incoming SAs or anything like that. I was even told at the interview that the firm was looking to bring in a small class of 1-3 people, so for all I know I'm the only incoming Summer.

Haven't received any information/email about the upcoming program. I thought I might shoot the firm an email at the start of the new year but that could go one of two ways: 1) "Great I just got back into the office after the break and am not in the middle of anything, this is the perfect time to talk to the summer about the logistics of the program" or 2) "I just got back into the office and am backlogged on so many matters because of the break, why does the summer want to talk now?"

If I don't try and get in touch, at what point during the Spring Semester should I if I don't hear anything? Who should I contact? Like I said this isn't the type of firm that has a robust SA program and I don't want to somehow fall through the cracks.

AZ123

New

Re: Incoming Summer Haven't Heard From Firm

Postby AZ123 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:49 pm

They haven't forgotten about you, they just have no reason to talk to summers during the school year (with the exception of holiday gifts). I'd wait until April or so to reach out to them, unless you have a legitimate reason like needing to know your start date for moving purposes, etc.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Postby sparkytrainer » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:50 pm

My summer firm didn't reach out until May. Stop freaking out, you are fine. They will reach out when they are ready.

Br3v

Gold

Postby Br3v » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:52 pm

AZ123 wrote:They haven't forgotten about you, they just have no reason to talk to summers during the school year (with the exception of holiday gifts). I'd wait until April or so to reach out to them, unless you have a legitimate reason like needing to know your start date for moving purposes, etc.

+1

mcmand

Silver

Postby mcmand » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:53 pm

You're fine, stop thinking about it. You won't hear anything for awhile.
Last edited by mcmand on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If I don't try and get in touch, at what point during the Spring Semester should I if I don't hear anything? Who should I contact?

Mid-April. The recruiter.

Pneumonia

Gold

Postby Pneumonia » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:14 pm

rpupkin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If I don't try and get in touch, at what point during the Spring Semester should I if I don't hear anything? Who should I contact?

Mid-April. The recruiter.

Return to “Legal Employment�