Shout out to those who have to work during Christmas dinner

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Shout out to those who have to work during Christmas dinner

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:08 pm

We out here fam

Anonymous User

Re: Shout out to those who have to work during Christmas dinner

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:23 pm

I can see even the partner trying to avoid working this weekend. Banks are pretty demanding clients...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:33 pm

I billed a solid 6 today. Got me out of meal prep.

LaLiLuLeLo

Postby LaLiLuLeLo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:32 am

Partner apologized before he fucked me in the ass. That’s something.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Were all of you able to work from home, or did you have to go into the office? Worried about this for next year. We're not big into celebrating so working at home is fine, but my single parent doesn't have other family in the state so I'd at least like to be working from home.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:14 pm

At a v10 in a particularly harsh group and everyone went home for Xmas weekend. If they had to work they worked from home. I do not know one person who went to the office.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Were all of you able to work from home, or did you have to go into the office? Worried about this for next year. We're not big into celebrating so working at home is fine, but my single parent doesn't have other family in the state so I'd at least like to be working from home.

Been working on and off today and yesterday for partners who have been consistently working all weekend. No one is in the office and when I got the “this is a deal that must close by Wednesday for an unforgiving client” email it was never even suggested that I need to change my travel plans or physically be in the office.

frasier

Postby frasier » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:10 pm

Is this mostly corporate work, or do litigation folks get the shaft too? I would figure that court deadlines would be fairly forgiving around the holidays because the judges GTFO town.

sublime

Postby sublime » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:14 pm

frasier wrote:Is this mostly corporate work, or do litigation folks get the shaft too? I would figure that court deadlines would be fairly forgiving around the holidays because the judges GTFO town.

There’s still shit going on but you can usually plan around it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:02 pm

sublime wrote:
frasier wrote:Is this mostly corporate work, or do litigation folks get the shaft too? I would figure that court deadlines would be fairly forgiving around the holidays because the judges GTFO town.

Yep, at my office (that is almost exclusively lit), everyone has stuff going on and some early January deadlines... but not a soul in the office for the rest of this week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:45 am

Probably not smart, since there would likely be little work to do this week, but I played it safe and took ten vacation days (which ends Jan 3). No one has bothered me….yet. :D

Pokemon

Postby Pokemon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Probably not smart, since there would likely be little work to do this week, but I played it safe and took ten vacation days (which ends Jan 3). No one has bothered me….yet. :D

I always take my vacation on the first week of December since it gets so quiet later in the month it feels like a staycation.

lolwat

Postby lolwat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
sublime wrote:

Yep, at my office (that is almost exclusively lit), everyone has stuff going on and some early January deadlines... but not a soul in the office for the rest of this week.

Yep. There's still stuff going on but I had nothing urgent starting around mid-December.
Jan/Feb/Mar are going to be insane, but at least I'm able to take the holidays off and recharge.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:09 am

shout out to the pencils down email I got today about the deal that ruined my christmas/week

Return to “Legal Employment”