Georgetown LLM --> Getting into EY TAS

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Georgetown LLM --> Getting into EY TAS

Postby taxgeek2013 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:56 am

Hi everyone!

A couple career questions for you...I am doing the part-time Georgetown LLM Taxation program and will graduate this spring. Have my JD from a top-40 school. Before law school, I was with one of the Big4 for several years in consulting. I have worked for about 1 year with a mid-sized law firm as a M&A tax attorney. My goal is to get into EY in their Transaction Advisory Services - Transaction Tax group in one of their regional offices (not NY or DC).

There is currently a Senior - Diversified Staff Group position that just opened up (my understanding is that these "rotational" roles eventually transition to a specialty like Transaction Tax) . . . do you think it would be good to go ahead and pursue that DSG role to get my foot in the door at EY, or would I be cutting myself short (in terms of salary and getting into TT right away)? If I wait a few months until I finish the LLM, I suppose I could potentially get a higher salary, but, then again, an opportunity may not be there right away to get into EY.

Would definitely appreciate your thoughts! Also, what kind of salary should I expect for a Senior position (JD/LLM) at a regional office? (Think, Charlotte). Is there a lot of travel involved in the transaction tax practice?

Thanks everyone!

Return to “Legal Employment”