WARNING - BCG Legal Search--> SCAM

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

WARNING - BCG Legal Search--> SCAM

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:01 pm

I recently applied to a job off LinkedIn with this company.

The next day they started spamming me with text messages asking me to fill out stuff (via text message(!)) re my jobsearch.

I just tried contacting them to ask if this was actually from them, or legit, and I was connected with a call center overseas.

It was incredibly sketchy.

Luckily I watermarked all of my materials with DRAFT and sent them only in PDF.

If you want help from the most-automated, least personalized and least helpful headhunters, these folks should be in the running. Just wow. Blown away by how unprofessional this was. I've been dealing with a lot of headhunters lately, and...that is not how it's done.

STEER CLEAR. You've been warned.

GreenEggs

Gold

Re: WARNING - BCG Legal Search--> SCAM

Postby GreenEggs » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Luckily I watermarked all of my materials with DRAFT and sent them only in PDF.

Sorry to hear that. Unrelated to BCG -- I've never heard about doing this (the draft part) -- do you typically do this when you send out materials?
Last edited by GreenEggs on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

toast and bananas

Bronze

Postby toast and bananas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Kummel wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Luckily I watermarked all of my materials with DRAFT and sent them only in PDF.

Sorry to hear that. Unrelated to BCG -- I've never heard about doing this (the draft part) -- do you typically do this when you send out materials?

I've received drafts from other firms that do it. We just note it in the header.

nealric

Postby nealric » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:56 am

The founder of BCG also has a reputation for going off on rather questionable rants. How that place stays in business is a mystery to me.

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Not sure this makes them a scam, just aggressive bottom feeders.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:12 pm

Kummel wrote:

I do this until I have had a call with the recruiter and we've spoken about where they are intending to submit me. I don't do it if the recruiter was recommended through a friend and is "trusted" in that way.

Return to “Legal Employment�