JAG ... Exit Options.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

JAG ... Exit Options.

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:08 am

I’ve read through the other threads, looking for some fresh perspective.

Current Jag here; I’m wondering what our realistic exit options are. I know a few people that are AUSA’s, but what else? At the 4 and 8 year experience mark.

What about those kush GS14-15 Attorney positions on USA jobs? Are those even in the realm of possibility?

haus

Gold

Re: JAG ... Exit Options.

Postby haus » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:19 am

I work at a federal agency in Arlington, VA working in InfoSec (I am a part-time JD student). I have had an opportunity to work with several of the attorneys at this agency. A fair number of those that I have worked with have come into the agency from the military.

While I would not say that landing the jobs are easy, mostly given the political/budgetary situation that exist, nonetheless I would encourage you to apply to any of the 14-15 Attorney positions on USA Jobs that happen to catch your attention.

Anonymous User

Re: JAG ... Exit Options.

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:48 am

haus wrote:I work at a federal agency in Arlington, VA working in InfoSec (I am a part-time JD student). I have had an opportunity to work with several of the attorneys at this agency. A fair number of those that I have worked with have come into the agency from the military.

While I would not say that landing the jobs are easy, mostly given the political/budgetary situation that exist, nonetheless I would encourage you to apply to any of the 14-15 Attorney positions on USA Jobs that happen to catch your attention.

Thanks for the reply

Return to “Legal Employment?