Jones Day Response time frame for a lateral.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Jones Day Response time frame for a lateral.

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:19 pm

I applied a little over 2 weeks, almost 3, for a lateral position that required 2-3 yrs of experience. I did receive an email from them that they are in receipt of my application and documents and would reach out to me at a later time. Does anyone know how long this process is from there end? Will they let me know they are going to pass on me, at least I hope?

Anonymous User

Re: Jones Day Response time frame for a lateral.

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I applied a little over 2 weeks, almost 3, for a lateral position that required 2-3 yrs of experience. I did receive an email from them that they are in receipt of my application and documents and would reach out to me at a later time. Does anyone know how long this process is from there end? Will they let me know they are going to pass on me, at least I hope?

It could take a month and no one really knows. I know from experience, if selected, I am contacted about 2 weeks after I applied. If it's been a month, they probably won't contact you.

unlicensedpotato

Silver

Postby unlicensedpotato » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:04 pm

This time of year you may have to wait until January.

TEIAM

Bronze

Postby TEIAM » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I applied a little over 2 weeks, almost 3, for a lateral position that required 2-3 yrs of experience. I did receive an email from them that they are in receipt of my application and documents and would reach out to me at a later time. Does anyone know how long this process is from there end? Will they let me know they are going to pass on me, at least I hope?

It could take a month and no one really knows. I know from experience, if selected, I am contacted about 2 weeks after I applied. If it's been a month, they probably won't contact you.

While this is probably a solid rule of thumb, it’s not universally true. I’ve been contacted by multiple big firms more than 6 weeks after I applied.

Return to “Legal Employment?