Georgia Attorney General Honors Fellowship

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Georgia Attorney General Honors Fellowship

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:58 pm

Wondering if anyone here applied and whether they've heard anything (interview request, rejection, screener call, whatever). The application window ended late September and the only information regarding applications I've heard is that decisions should be made shortly before the end of the year. I'm thinking I was dinged at this point, which is disappointing given that I externed there.

Anonymous User

Re: Georgia Attorney General Honors Fellowship

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Wondering if anyone here applied and whether they've heard anything (interview request, rejection, screener call, whatever). The application window ended late September and the only information regarding applications I've heard is that decisions should be made shortly before the end of the year. I'm thinking I was dinged at this point, which is disappointing given that I externed there.

I'll ask my friends who applied and get back to you. On another note, how was your experience externing there? They're still an option to consider at my school and I'm thinking about sending in an application.

Anonymous User

Re: Georgia Attorney General Honors Fellowship

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Wondering if anyone here applied and whether they've heard anything (interview request, rejection, screener call, whatever). The application window ended late September and the only information regarding applications I've heard is that decisions should be made shortly before the end of the year. I'm thinking I was dinged at this point, which is disappointing given that I externed there.

I'll ask my friends who applied and get back to you. On another note, how was your experience externing there? They're still an option to consider at my school and I'm thinking about sending in an application.

OP here. Thanks.

Overall, I had a good experience. The attorneys are all very nice and accommodating, but they will dump a lot of work on you, as they seem short staffed (at least in my division). If your goal is acquiring substantive experience, it's probably the best externship opportunity in the Atlanta area. You will assist with writing briefs, motions, document review, and write many, many memos. If you're hoping to get exposure to a more diverse range of experience, it's probably not the best choice -- we were not taken to depositions, hearings, or non-job related events. It seemed like they genuinely needed externs to help with work at the office. Contrast to my classmates who externed with corporations or other gov. agencies where they could leave early without consequences, not show up on some days, have a one hour lunch in midtown, or just have their bosses fudge the externship hours for them. YMMV.

Return to “Legal Employment”