suing the government

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

suing the government

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:20 pm

There is going to be a class action suit against the federal agency that I worked for, by former employees. I have been contacted and asked to join. Are there any dangers that I should be aware of? Is there potential for this to negatively impact me/my career? Or is it safe to join?

tyroneslothrop1

Re: suing the government

Postby tyroneslothrop1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:50 pm

I would not be a named plaintiff in a class-action, especially if I worked in the industry targeted by the suit. I would accept any money the class ultimately received.

Anonymous User

Re: suing the government

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:02 pm

I know of a Yale 3L that sued the federal government pro se and won in the D.C. Circuit; went on to have successful career and became my Evidence professor! Check out: https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/467/415/154274/.

Note: anon because this post combined with my u/n would probably out me.

Return to “Legal Employment”