New York Admission Form

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
L_William_W

Bronze

New York Admission Form

Postby L_William_W » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:49 pm

I apologize if this is the wrong forum

I passed the July 2017 NY Bar Exam. And as everyone who practices in New York knows, you have to fill out a whole bunch of forms before you're sworn in. On one of the forms, you're required to list all of the colleges that you've attended. It also asks to state the reason why you didn't finish your studies at the school if you didn't graduate from that school.

After I graduated high school, I went to Howard University. I hated it from day one. My roommate was an asshole, the cafeteria food sucked, it was located in a dangerous area, and none of the professors spoke English. I transferred out after one semester. I went to a community college in my hometown, NYC. After I graduated from community college, I went to a four year school and then law school.

How should I answer the question?

1styearlateral

Silver

Re: New York Admission Form

Postby 1styearlateral » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:41 pm

L_William_W wrote:After I graduated high school, I went to Howard University. I hated it from day one. My roommate was an asshole, the cafeteria food sucked, it was located in a dangerous area, and none of the professors spoke English. I transferred out after one semester. I went to a community college in my hometown, NYC. After I graduated from community college, I went to a four year school and then law school.

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:48 pm

1styearlateral wrote:
L_William_W wrote:After I graduated high school, I went to Howard University. I hated it from day one. My roommate was an asshole, the cafeteria food sucked, it was located in a dangerous area, and none of the professors spoke English. I transferred out after one semester. I went to a community college in my hometown, NYC. After I graduated from community college, I went to a four year school and then law school.

Yeah I think you've already nailed exactly what you should say, good luck

jd20132013

Silver

Postby jd20132013 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:28 pm

None of the professors at Howard University spoke English?

Interesting.

delusional

Silver

Postby delusional » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:40 pm

Transferred voluntarily due to personal preference.

Return to “Legal Employment�