Clerkship Recommendations

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Clerkship Recommendations

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:06 pm

I am a second year ADA at one of the bigger offices in the country (Chicago, LA, NY). I graduated top 1/3 from a T1 and have written two appellate briefs and first chaired a handful of trials during my first year at this office. I would like to apply to federal clerkships with the hope that I can transition to mid/big law afterwards or go AUSA. However, I am having difficulty finding someone to write my third letter of recommendation. Ideally, I'd like to ask someone in the appellate division here who has seen my work, but I assume that is inappropriate and/or a bad idea. Thoughts?

Lincoln

Silver

Re: Clerkship Recommendations

Postby Lincoln » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Why would it be inappropriate or a bad idea?

lolwat

Silver

Re: Clerkship Recommendations

Postby lolwat » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:39 pm

Lincoln wrote:Why would it be inappropriate or a bad idea?

Also struggling here. The only possibility I can think of for it being a "bad idea" is that OP's current employer will know they're looking to leave for a clerkship.

Return to “Legal Employment�